A holiday or a vacation can never be exciting enough unless there is some “adventure” involved in it. Your holiday will still be great if you just shop, sightsee, or laze around the beach, however, throw in a bit of adventure and your holiday suddenly gets spicier! Listed below are 10 adventure travel destinations around the world that need to feature on your travel bucket-list.
10 Must-Visit Destinations for Adventure Lovers
1. Trekking in NepalWhat better place to go trekking than the highest country in the world? Referred to as the “Roof of the World”, Nepal is a tiny nation tucked away between the Himalayas. Home to 8 of the world’s ten highest peaks, including Mt. Everest – the world’s highest peak, Nepal is hands down, the ultimate playground for trekking, hiking and climbing enthusiasts looking to push themselves to the extreme.
2. Jungle Safari in Masai MaraEmbark upon the Great African Wildlife Safari by heading to East Africa, one of the most ideal destinations in the world to go on an adventurous jungle safari. The Masai Mara National Reserve situated in southwest Kenya, is one of the finest Wildlife Reserves across the globe. Explore the stunning ecosystem and the spectacular landscapes, and say hello to a multitude of birds and animals including white-headed vultures, crowned eagles, lions, leopards, cheetahs, wildebeest, giraffes, zebra, rhinos, hippos, and more.
3. Hike through the Amazon RainforestExplore the unique beauty of the mighty Amazon rainforests and discover some of the most exotic flora and fauna, and wildlife known to mankind. Trudge through the dense tropical foliage and experience a riveting rendezvous with the diverse wildlife and numerous primitive tribes thriving in the forests. The amazon delta covers over nine different South American countries, and is home to hundreds of insects, mammals, amphibians and reptiles.
4. Mountain Biking in Portes du Soleil, FranceIf you are looking for the ultimate destination for mountain biking, your search ends at Portes du Soleil, France. A mecca for serious mountains bikers from all over the globe, the Portes du Soleil area offers over 650 kilometres of man-made mountain biking trails, over 50 downhill tracks, an extensive chairlift system, and of course, a breathtaking mountain scenery and a stunning countryside.
5. Snorkeling and Scuba Diving in BelizeBrimming with spectacular natural sceneries, diverse wildlife, a lush jungle canopy and the mystical Mayan ruins; Belize is considered one of the world’s best destinations for snorkelling and scuba diving. Belize is home to the Belize Barrier Reef, which is the second largest reef in the world teeming with a collection of hundreds of islands, coral reefs, mangroves and a vibrant marine life. Belize is also known for the famous “Blue Hole”, a fascinating sink hole that slopes over 400 feet deep.
6. Sea kayaking in ThailandIf kayaking and canoeing is your way of getting an adrenaline rush, look no further than Thailand for an unforgettable experience. Undoubtedly, one of the best ways to explore Thailand is from water. Traverse peacefully along the splendid Phang Nga Bay as your canoe or kayak makes its way through stunning cliffs, limestone caves and “hongs” jutting out of the azure water. Go on to explore the fascinating lagoons, tiny secluded beaches and amazing sea caves as you kayak further into the magnificent bay.
7. Hang Glide in RioHave you always fancied soaring like a bird as you watch the world go by from the sky? Not a problem, head straight to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and enjoy an exciting session of hang gliding. Soak in some mind-blowing views of Rio’s skyline as you fly like a bird (accompanied by an experienced professional) amidst the light tropical breeze, gliding over the spectacular beaches and mountains of Rio. If you have a taste for the extreme, this breath-taking experience is an absolute must.
8. Enjoy Winter Sports at Courchevel 1850, France
A holy grail for snow-sport aficionados, Courchevel 1850 (yes, it has a number in its name!) is an epic destination that allures its visitors with plenty of winter sporting options, the powder-white snow and its dizzy elevation. Considered as one of the planet’s ultimate ski resorts, this destinations offers sports activities including skiing, paragliding, toboggan run, dog sledding, bowling, snowmobiling, ice skating, and more.