1. Yangon City SkylineA fascinating skyline shot of Yangon, Myanmar’s largest city. Yangon is a sheer to delight explore owing to a motely mix of modern high-rises, gilded Buddhist pagodas, and British colonial architecture.
2. Sunset at U Bein Bridge, MandalayA golden-pink sunset and colourful boats highlight the legendary U Bein Bridge, believed to be the oldest and longest teakwood bridge in the world. Fancy backpacking across Southeast Asia's famous Golden Triangle? Click here to find out the best spots of Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos!
3. The Mount Popa Volcano, Mandalay DivisionMajestically jutting out from the lush landscape, Mount Popa is a volcano, home to numerous relic sites and Net temples atop its peak.
4. Ancient Pagodas dotting the Bagan Plains
The ancient pagodas in Bagan breath-takingly stand out from the lush plains, shimmering under the dramatic skies.
5. The White Pagoda, Inwa ancient city
At the White Pagoda in the ancient city of Inwa, step back in time as you admire the awe-inspiring architecture of old Buddhist Temples. Travelling to Vietnam on your next holiday? Check out 12 Images of Vietnam That Will Blow Your Mind Away
6. The Golden Karaweik Palace on Kandawgyi Lake
Straddling the eastern shores of Kandawgyi Lake, Yangon, the Golden Karaweik palace, glimmers in the shape of a colossal, golden barge.
7. A carriage waits before the Bagan Plains, Myanmar
Almost psychedelic in appearance, a colourful carriage waits as its customer soaks in the mysteries of the Bagan pagodas.
8. Kyaikpun Pagoda, Bago
Facing the four cardinal points of the compass, impressive 30-meter statues of four Buddha’s make the Kyaipun Pagoda a sight worth admiring. Visiting Myanmar's famous neighbour Thailand? Check out the Top Attractions of Thailand!
9. Inle Lake, Shan State
The picturesque Inle Lake, with its floating villages and markets, charming boats, and verdurous greenery, conjures a stunningly sublime sight.
10. Kambawzathardi Golden Palace
The dazzling, ornate Golden Palace gives visitors a glimpse of the splendour and wealth of the erstwhile Burmese empire.
11. Golden Rock Pagoda, Myanmar
A gargantuan boulder, perched on the summit of Mount Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, precariously defies gravity by balancing on the edge of the mountain. The boulder, and the gilded pagoda on its top, are a massive draw for tourists. The stupefying 360 degree panoramic views of the surrounding views are an added bonus.
12. Falam Town, Chin State
Originally founded by the British in 1892, the remote Falam Town is beautifully nestled along the slopes of a mountain range.
13. Hot-air Balloons Soar Above the Bagan Plains
Resembling the stuff you see in dreams, hot air balloons grandly rise above the Bagan plains, accentuated by a picture-perfect sunset.
14. Burmese Street Food
A street food vendor prepares the famous, delicious, Burmese Mont Lin Ma Yar, referred to by many as the “Husband and Wife Snack”. These crisp bites are a raging hit with the locals.