Iceland is a dramatic country shaped by the geological forces of our planet. This small island nation has 30 odd active volcanoes that continually influence the Nordic nation. Nature is at its most dramatic element in Iceland, where you can see glaciers and hot water lagoons existing simultaneously. In Iceland, one can deep dive between the two continental plates, hike in the heart of glaciers and frozen lava tubes, see dramatic waterfalls and black basalt rock columns and take a dip in the warm waters of the Blue Lagoon.
Iceland is also one of the trendiest destinations of 2017, especially after the grand success of the American TV series Game of Thrones. Iceland’s vast, wild and untamed landscapes extensively featured in the show. Check out 15 stunning images of Iceland’s dramatic landscapes.
1. The majestic Detifoss Waterfall looks spectacular amidst the backdrop of the barren rocky landscape.
2. Iceland’s Blue Lagoon is unique. It’s a natural hot springs pool filled with rich minerals.
3. Sprawling Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon looks mystifying during sunsets.
4. Tread in the heart of a volcanic lava tube in the Vatnajokull National Park.
5. Revel in the spectacular beauty of Svartifoss waterfall falling from the top of a basalt cliff.
6. Enjoy the scenic beauty and changing landscapes of the Hornstrandir National Park.
7. Experience the dramatic beauty and sheer wilderness of Westfjords.
8. Dive deep into the waters between the two continental plates at Silfara.
9. The Landscape in the Thingvellir National Park is surreal.
10. Gullfoss Waterfall, Iceland’s own version of Niagara Falls.
11. Strokkur Geyser soars high every time it erupts.
12. Skogafoss Fall seems to be straight out of a fairy tale book.
13. Raudasandur beach also known as the red beach is a scenic delight.
14. Admire the beauty of Kirkjufell Mountain and Kirjufellfoss.
15. Hike in the Snaefellsjokull National Park and admire the enchanting views.