Dubai is an opulent, luxurious destination for those looking for the thrill of enjoying man-made wonders that question the laws of nature. From islands made on land reclaimed from the sea, to the world’s tallest building, Dubai has it all – apart from thousands of rad shopping opportunities! If you are planning to tour the Emirates, and don’t have a lot of time to spare, spending 2 Days in Dubai is a great idea. In 2 days, you can cover most of the places of tourist interest, and also enjoy some time exploring the off-the-beaten-track attractions of this stunning emirate. With 2 days in Dubai, you can choose to enjoy one day for visiting the monuments, faux islands and the mosques, and spend the next day visiting the souks, the malls and the amusement parks, before continuing your journey onwards.
Here’s a few suggestions for a 2 day itinerary to help you on your way:
Day 1 in Dubai
- On the first day of your Dubai trip, you can plan to visit Burj Khalifa, followed by a visit to the Dubai Creek, the Dubai Fountain, and of course, Jumeirah Beach for relaxing after a long, tiring day.
- Also, try to make some time in your Dubai Itinerary for visiting the unique ‘World Islands’, a group of small islands that have been arranged to resemble a world map. Isn’t that impressive?!
- Spend some time at Jumeirah Mosque in the evening, before heading to the beach to soak in the feeling of utter peace.
- Before returning to your hotel for the night, you can choose to visit the Dubai Miracle Garden, to admire the brilliantly colored flowers and lights around.
- Alternatively, you can simply spend the evening watching the Dubai Musical Fountain, in all its glory!
- The Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo is also a good idea for a visit, especially if you are traveling with kids. However, it goes without saying that you would need to spend more than a couple of hours here, which would seriously cut down on your time for other activities. Maybe, consider spending more than 2 days in Dubai so that you can explore better.
Day 2 in Dubai – with kids
- For the next day, you can opt to check out some of the larger-than-life malls of Dubai, such as The Dubai Mall, which is home to not just numerous high-end shops, but also an ice-skating rink, a movie hall, and a huge aquarium!
- You can also spend some time at Palm Jumeirah, where plenty of food trucks and cafés await your arrival, to choose from a plethora of global cuisines!
- For some more high-end shopping, or even just window shopping, you can spend some time at the Dubai Marina. This place combines the pleasure of lying on a sunny beach with the luxury of al fresco dining!
- You can even plan to visit Mall of the Emirates, one of the biggest attractions here. Even if you don’t intend on shopping, enjoying the opulence all around you and snacking on some authentic Emirati dishes is a good idea.
- There is also the Dubai Gold Souk to check out, a sprawling market studded with shops selling gold and other jewelry.
- If traveling with kids, make sure to drop in at Ski Dubai, where you can enjoy indoor skiing. Trust us, your kids are going to have a gala time at Ski Dubai and will go absolutely bonkers at the sight of soft, powdery snow in an indoor environment!
- Visiting the Dubai Spice Souk is not that bad an idea as well, since you can pick up a lot of exotic spices and mixes here to recreate the yummilicious dishes that you will taste here!
Plan your 2 days in Dubai well, and you might be able to cover all of these attractions fully. You can also visit during the Dubai Shopping Festival, which usually takes place between December-January, to make use of all the amazing offers and discounts!
The only thing to keep in mind is that since you have only 2 days in Dubai, spending lots of time at the malls will leave you with very less time to explore the rest of the Emirate. There are age-old, traditional souks here to explore, and a dhow cruise worth savouring in the evening, so make sure to distribute your time well.