Paris is a dream destination for many, and the thought of spending a vacation here is sure to give you goosebumps. If you are touring other parts of Europe too, you may not have a lot of time on your hands. But don’t be disheartened; even 2 days in Paris are enough to enjoy its beauty and charm. The city offers travelers from all walks of life, a little something, to keep their interests piqued. From museums with the world’s most famous paintings, to the almost ancient cathedrals, from the extremely scary and disturbing catacombs underneath the city to the fun Disneyland, Paris opens up to travelers and offers them a little part of itself as a keepsake for decades to come. You can divide your 2 days in Paris in a fashion that lets you enjoy the cultural heritage of the city, as well as the fun nightlife that Paris’s old quarters are famed for. Here is a glimpse of what you can cover in 48 hours in Paris:
Day 1 in Paris
- On the first day of your 2 days in Paris, you can start your tour early in the morning and visit places such as Champs-Élysées, a historic part of the city where many famous landmarks and ancient monuments stand tall. Here, you can check out the Arc de Triomphe, the Place de la Concorde, Tuileries and the Place Charles de Gaulle.
- Next, head to the Louvre Museum, where the beautiful Monalisa by Leonardo Da Vinci resides. However, it goes without saying that to explore the Louvre completely, you will need at least an entire day, if not more. In addition, the lines for tickets as well as for entry are long, and people start queuing up from early morning. So, enter the Louvre only if you are willing to forego all other plans for the day.
- If you skip the Louvre, you will have enough time on your hands to pay a visit to the other Parisians attractions, such as the Notre-Dame de Paris, and The Sacré-Cœur, an ethereally beautiful church. Also visit Montmartre and the Place de la Concorde, which used to be a major hot spot for public executions. If you have time to spare, then you can spend it here enjoying the fountains, statues, public performances and the odd-looking Egyptian obelisk.
- Before you return to your hotel for the night, make sure to visit one of the bar and pub areas of Paris such as the Pigalle area or the Latin Quarter to experience the local nightlife. Enjoy a late-night snack and night cap here, before heading towards your accommodation for the night.
- Or you can simply spend the evening in the company of amazing dancers and theatrics at the Moulin Rouge, a famous Parisian dance and dinner show.
Day 2 in Paris – With Kids
- On the last day of your 2 days in Paris, definitely plan a visit to the Catacombs of Paris. Although quite creepy and not for the faint of heart, this place is full of history and ingenuity. Centuries ago, Paris was running out of cemeteries due to epidemics and such, and they were also upgrading the town’s sewer system. So, the old sewer system was deemed perfect for the burial of millions of dead bodies that had been dug up from the cemeteries. Here, the bones of those bodies are arranged in eerie structures, with detailed descriptions of where they are from. Remember that this place will need at least 2 to 3 hours to explore, so plan your next move accordingly.
- If you have time, make sure to pay a visit to Les Invalides, where Napolean’s last remains reside.
- If you are traveling with kids, then skip the Catacombs and instead, plan a visit to Disneyland for an absolute fun-filled day. Just make sure to leave in time for your journey out of Paris.