Planning to enjoy a vacation in Singapore, but have limited time to explore? Plan your 2 days in Singapore in such a way, that you can not only cover all the major attractions, but also visit some of the offbeat places and spend some time shopping at the local markets. If you are a foodie, you might want to leave aside some time for tasting the amazing fusion-based cuisine of Singapore. In short, since Singapore has a lot of attractions for people from all walks of life, it becomes important to identify what your interests are and finalize a theme for your itinerary. For instance, for those traveling with kids, visiting the theme parks and adventure parks with your little ones, whereas those looking for a luxurious vacation can pay a visit to places such as Marina Bay Sands.
Here’s an itinerary you can consider for your Singapore vacation:
Day 1 in Singapore – with kids
- For the first day of your 2 days in Singapore itinerary, you can choose to pay a visit to Sentosa, an island resort nearby – an immensely popular attraction. The Tiger Sky Tower here offers views of neighboring Indonesia, on a clear day. You can reach here via a cable car ride – the most adventurous and popular option. Alternatively, you can walk, take a cab, or travel via the monorail. You can spend time at the beach, taste incredible local delicacies, and learn about the history of this place. However, do remember that visiting Sentosa Island will probably take up the entire day, leaving no time for other attractions. Nevertheless, Sentosa is a sure delight!
- If you are not visiting Sentosa, there are several other attractions you can explore on Day 1.You can spend some time at Gardens by the Bay, a beautiful, modern greenhouse park.
- Follow this up with a visit to Universal Studios, if you’re traveling with kids. They are sure to enjoy the amazing rides and themed entertainment options here. As far as theme parks and adventure parks are concerned, Singapore has more than its share of such options.
- You can choose to visit places such as the Singapore Zoo, River Safari, the ArtScience Museum, East Coast Park, the Marine Life Park and of course, the immensely famous and much loved Battlestar Galactica!
On the first night of your 2 days in Singapore, you can enjoy a Night Safari at the Singapore Zoo, which is a very popular activity for those interested in wildlife and nature. It is also a great way to utilize your time in Singapore, considering that you are spending only 2 days here. Enjoy being driven past rainforest-like ecosystems, and come face to face with nocturnal wildlife of all sorts, ranging from tigers to leopards. On completion of the safari, you can either enjoy a night out in town, visiting the many pubs and bars, or you can opt to go back to your hotel and call it a night.
Day 2 in Singapore
- On you second day, spend some time at the Merlion Park, the half-lion half-fish symbol of Singapore.
- You can also enjoy a ride on the Singapore Flyer, a giant Ferris Wheel offering panoramic views of the entire island.
- If you have time, make a stop at Jurong Bird Park, to admire more than 400 bird species that call this place their home.
- You can visit Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum for enjoying the historic side of this ultra-modern country.
- For those interested in shopping for souvenirs, there are plenty of gigantic shopping malls here that sell global brands as well as local products. You can either splurge here, or choose to save a few bucks by shopping at the street markets that offer equally good products minus the labels.
As you can see, Singapore has a lot to offer to travelers, from exploration to adventure, from wildlife to luxury resorts, and from amazing shopping options to some of the most beautiful beaches in Asia! Although 2 days in Singapore are plenty to explore the major attractions, it is sure to be even more fun if you can spare a couple of days more!