Vienna, the capital city of Austria, is one of the most popular tourist attractions of Europe. Whether you’re traveling to Europe for a month-long holiday or spending just a bare minimum time in each country, spending 2 days in Vienna is an absolute must! The attractions of Vienna can be divided into two parts, the historic ones and the fun, modern ones. Plan your itinerary according to what sort of experiences you want and how much time you have in hand. Ideally, spending at least 4 nights and 5 days in the city can get you acquainted with most of the attractions, however, the same itinerary can be covered within 2 days as well. How? Have a look at our suggested itinerary for 2 days in Vienna![Total: 2 Average: 4.5]
Day 1 in Vienna – with kids
- On day 1 of your 2 days in Vienna, you can choose to cover the popular Vienna Zoo, the ‘Tiergarten Schönbrunn’ as it is better known, where you get to see animals from practically all over the world, in their natural habitat! For instance, the polar bear habitat is well stocked with ice and the panda enclosure has heaps of Bamboo stalks for them to gnaw at. If you are traveling with kids, then paying this place a visit is a must. However, this zoo is huge, and might take up your entire day.
- Alternatively, head over to the Vienna Aquarium to spend the day looking at numerous kinds of marine life, learning about their food habits and more. This is yet another ideal place to take your kids to, and takes less time as compared to the zoo.
- Later, spend some time at the mazes of Schönbrunn Palace, as well as the museums of the Hofburg Palace.
- Towards the evening, you can choose to spend some time at Prater, enjoying the rides or simply taking in the always-festive atmosphere here.
- Don’t forget to take a ride on the centuries-old Giant Ferris Wheel and soak in views of the city. This is a great place to spend a quality evening, interacting with the friendly locals.
- To enjoy the active nightlife of Vienna, the best thing to do would be to hit the many pubs and bars of the city. Depending on where you are staying in Vienna, you can pay a visit to either Naschmarkt or Innere Stadt, for a memorable glimpse into the nightlife of the city.
Day 2 in ViennaOn your day 2 in Vienna, try to leave for your sightseeing as early as you can, since you have a lot to cover.
- Explore the historic aspect of Vienna, by visiting places such as Mozarthaus Vienna, the last house of Mozart, the famous music composer.
- The Belvedere Palace Museum is also a great place to visit. If nothing else, just to see the world-famous Klimt collection (the works of iconic artist Gustav Klimt) here.
- For lovers of art and history, a visit to the Kunsthistorisches Museum is a must.
- If you are looking for a place to visit with kids, spend some time at the Wiener Riesenrad, a fairground home to a permanent collection of exciting rides and exhibitions.