Imagine yourself walking down a well-preserved street of an ancient town or relaxing on a less-crowded beach, looking over miles and miles of turquoise water. It’s time to give wings to your imagination and fly to Antalya - the pretty resort city in Turkey! Fascinating Roman ruins, resorts resonating with luxury, and exciting nightlife that one can only dream of - in every sense, it's the jewel of the Turkish Riviera. The glamorous harbour city of Antalya is the ideal retreat that you have been longing for! We bring you 7 reasons why the city of Antalya is the best part of the stunning Turquoise Coast.
At holidayme, the safety and health of our customers is our top priority. This blog was published before the Coronavirus pandemic and is not encouraging our dear readers to travel during these uncertain times.
We request all our fellow travellers to stay at home and only travel when the world is Coronavirus-free. Hope our travel blogs continue to inspire you. Stay home, stay safe!
1. You can travel back in timeFull of archaeological sites, Antalya is a haven for those who love to delve into history. One of the best-preserved theaters in the world, with a seating capacity of 15,000 spectators, Aspendos is a site to marvel at! During summer, this theater comes to life with Opera performances. Perge, an important trading port back in 1300 BC, is another great site to see ancient ruins. It was conquered by Alexander the Great and was used as a base for his future conquests. Phaselis, Termessos, Olympos, Myra - these are some of the interesting sites that will take you back in time! Also read: Amazing things to do in Antalya Turkey!
2. Hike the Lycian Way to see the best of TurkeyIf you are a hiking enthusiast then you must take the Lycian trail - a marked trail around the coast of Lycia in southern Turkey, from Fethiye to Antalya. Unique and breath-taking, the Lycian Way is a darling of avid hikers and has been rated as one of the most beautiful long distance hikes in the world! Stretching over 540 kilometers, this trail promises an abundance of wow moments. Passing through several ancients ruins, villages, mountains, and offering some stunning views of the Mediterranean - head for the Lycian Way, your trails will never be the same again!
3. Walk in the Old TownIn the old town of Kaleici, the historic centre of Antalya, it is easy to get lost in the maze, but at the end of the day you will be truly satisfied. Walk in the narrow, cobbled streets, admire the stone and timber houses built during the Ottoman-era; most of them converted into hotels. As the day draws close, sit by the ancient harbour, while admiring the most enigmatic sunset. The harbour is home to boats and yachts and has plenty of restaurants and bistros offering the best of Mediterranean cuisines.
4. Endless options for fine diningEnjoying a meal or two by the harbour front or by a beach, or on a mountain - the dining experience in Antalya city is quite different. From a five-star rated restaurant to a traditional, homely food joint, or a quaint cafe near a waterfall, there is no dearth of great places to enjoy a good meal in this city.
5. You get to relax in luxury
Antalya is one of the best places in Turkey to experience luxe living! Stunning beaches dotted with luxury resorts and hotels, life is a retreat here in this picturesque town. Whether you fancy a sprawling resort near a beach, or a cozy hideout with an old world charm, your vacation in Antalya will be taken care of! Looking for hot hotel deals in Turkey Antalya? Click here.