How to get a visa to AzerbaijanAlso known as the ‘Land of Eternal Fire’, the country of Azerbaijan sits at the crossroads between Asia and Europe. The land is a potpourri of different civilizations and landscapes; from futuristic skyscrapers, to bubbling mud volcanoes and snow-capped mountains – Azerbaijan tourism is booming, and rightly so!
Azerbaijan visa application
Documents required for a visa to Azerbaijan:
- Valid Passport or other travel document
- Properly filled Azerbaijan visa application form
- Two passport sized photos (coloured)
- Letter of Invitation
- Visa consultation fee receipt
Azerbaijan Visa - On - Arrival for UAE residents
Residents of United Arab Emirates can get an Azerbaijan visa on arrival! This means that holders of "UAE residence visa", visiting Azerbaijan can obtain a 30-day visa on arrival at any of Azerbaijan’s international airports at a cost of 50 USD (184 Dirhams).Please note that for these UAE residents (all nationalities) both UAE residency and passport should be valid for the next 6 months (from the date of return from Azerbaijan).
Azerbaijan Visa on Arrival Fee for UAE Residents
Here’s all you need to know about visa requirements for Azerbaijan
- Unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries, all visitors to Azerbaijan must obtain an Azerbaijan visa from one of the Azerbaijani diplomatic missions.
- A passport valid for at least three months after the date of visa expiry is required.
- The Azerbaijan Visa Law also states that foreigners can visit Azerbaijan with their passports and required travel documents provided they enter the country through border checkpoints of the neighbouring countries.
Azerbaijan Visa-Free Travel
- Citizens of the following countries can travel to Azerbaijan visa free (without visa):
- Family members (spouses and children) of the above mentioned citizens are also provided the right to visa free travel in Azerbaijan.
- Foreigners who have requested for temporary or permanent residence in the Republic of Azerbaijan can travel visa free to and from the Republic of Azerbaijan on the basis of their passports.
Azerbaijan Visa Restrictions
Please note that due to conflict with the Republic of Armenia, the Azerbaijan Government bans the entry of Armenian citizens, as well as foreign citizens of Armenian ancestry or descent.
Also note that the Government of Azerbaijan strictly bans any visit to the separatist republic of Nagorno-Karabakh. Thus, if your passport shows any evidence of travel to Nagorno-Karabakh, you will be permanently denied entry to Azerbaijan (even if you have an Azerbaijani visa).As per holidayme's customers' experience, issuing Azerbaijan visa has been problematic for UAE residents of the following nationalities: Syria, Yemen, Palestine ,Iraq, Libya, Sudan and Somalia. Disclaimer: The contents of this page is provided to the best of our knowledge, and in good faith. Any use of this information is at the reader's own risk. Visa regulations can change any time. Please check with the holidayme team to get the latest updates on visa rules for your nationality: Reach holidayme on: UAE Toll Free: 800454545 KSA Toll Free: 920002963 Malaysia Toll Free: 1800818857 Worldwide: +97142457300
For further information on Azerbaijan online visa application form, please contact the nearest Azerbaijan Embassy, or visit your country’s Embassy of Azerbaijan website.