How to get a visa to Azerbaijan
Also known as the ‘Land of Eternal Fire’, the country of Azerbaijan sits at the crossroads between Asia and Europe. The land is a potpourri of different civilizations and landscapes; from futuristic skyscrapers, to bubbling mud volcanoes and snow-capped mountains – Azerbaijan tourism is booming, and rightly so!
What’s more, the citizens of United Arab Emirates can get an Azerbaijan visa on arrival! Emiratis visiting Azerbaijan can obtain a 30-day visa on arrival at any of Azerbaijan’s international airports at a cost of 50 USD (184 Dirhams).
Here’s all you need to know about visa requirements for Azerbaijan
- Unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries, all visitors to Azerbaijan must obtain an Azerbaijan visa from one of the Azerbaijani diplomatic missions.
- A passport valid for at least three months after the date of visa expiry is required.
- The Azerbaijan Visa Law also states that foreigners can visit Azerbaijan with their passports and required travel documents provided they enter the country through border checkpoints of the neighbouring countries.
Azerbaijan Visa Free Travel
- Citizens of the following Middle East countries are entitled to a visa-free procedure of travel in Azerbaijan:
Turkey, Jordan, Kuwait, Iran, Jordan, UAE, Qatar, Syria.
- Family members (spouses and children) of the above mentioned citizens are also provided the right to visa free travel in Azerbaijan.
- Foreigners who have requested for temporary or permanent residence in the Republic of Azerbaijan can travel visa free to and from the Republic of Azerbaijan on the basis of their passports.
Azerbaijan visa application – Documents required for a visa to Azerbaijan:
- Valid Passport or other travel document
- Properly filled Azerbaijan visa application form
- Two passport sized photos (coloured)
- Letter of Invitation
- Visa consultation fee receipt
Azerbaijan Visa Restrictions
Please note that due to conflict with the Republic of Armenia, the Azerbaijan Government bans the entry of Armenian citizens, as well as foreign citizens of Armenian ancestry or descent.
Also note that the Government of Azerbaijan strictly bans any visit to the separatist republic of Nagorno-Karabakh. Thus, if your passport shows any evidence of travel to Nagorno-Karabakh, you will be permanently denied entry to Azerbaijan (even if you have an Azerbaijani visa).
Disclaimer: The contents of this pages are provided to the best of our knowledge, and in good faith. Any use of this information is at the viewer/user’s own risk.
For further information on Azerbaijan online visa application form, please contact the nearest Azerbaijan Embassy, or visit your country’s Embassy of Azerbaijan website.