Football lovers planning a trip in November should turn their attention to Madrid. The Spanish capital city is all set to serve up a sizzling derby between two legendary local clubs – Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid. The passionate and football crazy Madrileños will be divided into two different camps supporting the two most successful football clubs of the city. The first leg of Madrid Derby is scheduled on November 19, 2016, at Vicente Calderon, the home stadium of Atletico.
Want to be a part of the Madrid Derby 2016? READ ON…
Good news for Dubai and Riyadh residents! Catching the sensational Madrid Derby of 2016 is now set to be easier than ever before, thanks to HolidayMe launching Madrid tour packages that include tickets to the Madrid Derby! Yes, we, at HolidayMe, have created a special holiday package for the Madrid Derby including the hard-to-get match day tickets. The 4-day Madrid derby holiday package includes roundway airfares to Madrid, hotel bookings, breakfast, match day tickets to the Atletico vs Real Madrid game on November 19, and a special city tour of Madrid. You will also get a day at leisure to explore the Spanish capital or enjoy stadium tours of Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid as well. So, all you football fans out there, gear up for the hottest Madrid derby next month and book your holiday packages with HolidayMe, right away!
Why this game is the hottest Madrid Derby in recent times!
Atletico are leading the La Liga points table with 18 points. Los Rojiblancos fans are in a good mood, especially after the few recent successes of their team against their famed city rivals. The club is on fire, specially its French striker Antoine Griezmann. On the other hand, arch rivals Real Madrid are also on 18 points, but a goal difference sees them occupying the second spot behind Atletico. At stake is 3 precious points to cement their position at the top of the La Liga table. The likes of Ronaldo, Bale, and Benzema will try their best to break the strongest defensive team in the world at their arch-rivals stomping ground. Expect a fiery encounter with passion levels running high and sparks all round!
What to expect from this Atletico vs Madrid game?
The game is not just a battle for supremacy between the two rival Madrid clubs, it’s also an exciting battle of footballing philosophies and tactics. Atletico is managed by Diego Simeone, one of the most result-oriented and tactically sound managers with an emphasis on strong defence and counter-attacking approach. His counterpart, Zinedine Zidane, loves to have an attacking style of football suited and moulded to incorporate the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema. The clash between attacking and defensive football is surely going to be a battle of small interplays, tactics and player switches. Watch out for heated moments, theatrics, animated reactions of the managers, vociferous support of fans and the decisions of the under-pressure match officials.
Fun Facts of Madrid Derby
- Only five senior players from the two squads combined will actually be from Madrid: Gabi, Koke, Fernando Torres, Dani Carvajal and Nacho.
- Real Madrid have most wins (108) out of the 213 matches played. Los Galacticos have scored 356 goals in total against their Madrid rival.
- The largest victory for Atletico Madrid came way back in 1947-48. A historic 5-0 drubbing of Real Madrid.
- Real Madrid took their revenge with a 5-0 win in 1958-59 and repeating the feat again in 1983-84 season.
- The top scorers of all time in the Madrid Derby are Alfredo Di Stéfano and Santiago Bernabéu, each with 17 goals scored. Both played for Real Madrid.
Top things to see and do in Madrid
- Tour of Royal Palace, Madrid Cathedral and Puerta del Sol.
- Take a leisure stroll in Plaza Mayor, Plaza de la Villa, Plaza de Cibeles and Plaza de Oriente.
- Watch a flamenco show in Madrid.
- Savour a wide variety of delicious Tapas in Madrid.
- Enjoy a ride with an open-top bus tour ride to see the city’s magnificent sights.
- Watch a game of football in Madrid featuring either Atletico or Real Madrid.
- Take a behind-the-scene club tour of Atletico and Real Madrid, including their fascinating museums.
- Eat at the world’s oldest restaurants, Botin
- Visit the Prado, Europe’s premier art museum.