Dubai Food Festival 2016 : IntroductionThe euphoria of Dubai Shopping Festival 2016 has not died, and yet another festival of year is already set to make a thundering appearance - the great Dubai Food Festival 2016! If the biggest retail fiesta has left you hungry for more, this food festival will definitely satiate you, guaranteed! Organised by Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), the Dubai Food Festival is the only true city-wide food festival in the Middle East that offers a calendar of thrilling, food-related events and promotions, highlighting Dubai’s distinct food scene and its world-class dining experiences. To be held in the latter half of February, this 17-day long event will come under the banner of 'A Taste Celebration', and appropriately so, for it will involve the first-ever Dubai Restaurant Week that will witness 30 of the city’s best fine dining spots offering a tasty three-course set menu for AED 189 per person! Mind blowing, right? Bread Street Kitchen, Junoon, Kiku, Okku, Qbara, Rang Mahal, Ashiana by Vineet, Sea Fu, Social by Heinz Beck, The Croft, The Ivy, Yuan and Zheng He’s are few of the many restaurants participating.
Dubai Food Festival 2016 : Highlights and Events‘The Dubai Food Festival 2016 will also include the Arabic favourite Fatafeat Kitchen featuring demonstrations from celebrity chefs in Galleries Lafayette, Street Nights, the star-studded Taste of Dubai, the family-favourite Kids Dine for free promotion, and a range of signature restaurant-led events’, as per the official information released recently. Other highlights of the festivals are: Party at Beach Canteen, appearances from celebrity chefs, fun-filled activities for kids, pop-ups from favourite home-grown restaurant concepts, exciting beach sports and mind-blowing music from local bands and DJs. It would be also interesting to know that 15 of the world's most popular food trucks would also be in town at the end of February. The Dubai Food Festival 2016 will be held from 25 February to 12 March 2016. Check out few of the major events listed below:
- Dine with Stars (25th – 26th February):– Get a chance to dine in style with eminent chefs. Manal Al Alem, Gary Mehigan, Manu Feildel and Shannon Bennett are the names of a few.
- Dubai Restaurant Week (25th February – 5th March):- Grab this unique opportunity to sample delicious food at few of the top spots of Dubai, at an unbelievable price of AED189!
- Eat the World DXB (25th – 27th February 2016):- Reach Burj Park, Downtown Dubai, to participate in Eat the World DXB where authentic, high-quality food is the star of the show. Relish the humungous spread of dishes on offer by 15 international street food traders.
- Kids Dine Free (27th February 2016):- Kids enjoy a three-course meal for free when accompanied with adults at any of the 50 Dubai’s most beloved family dining restaurants, namely, Al – Maeda, Pizzaro, BookMunch Café, Chez Sushi, Kids Are Kings, Clinton Street Baking, etc. Prior reservations recommended.
- Century Village Street Carnival (4th March 2016):- Watch the Dubai streets come alive with live music, street performers, dancers and food outlets serving various Lebanese, Arabic, Greek, Italian, Indian, Portuguese, Grill & BBQ dishes. A reflection of Dubai’s multi-ethnic unity, the Century Village Street Carnival is a celebration of people from all over the world, coming together to mingle their tastes and celebrate their differences.