New Year is the special time of the year when you welcome a fresh calendar year with great optimism and reflect on the previous one with much nostalgia. This New Year, opt for a short staycation in Al Ain with your family and have a peaceful, comfortable and hassle-free time with your family and kids. Al Ain is a historic place in the United Arab Emirates with a lot of significance.
Located one and half hour drive from the country’s capital Abu Dhabi, Al Ain is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Al Ain is fed by natural springs, turning the area into a beautiful oasis and a peaceful garden. The region is also known for its historic forts, settlements, a winding drive to Jebel Hafeet, one of UAE’s highest mountains and the vast Rub Al Khali (The Empty Quarter) desert.
HolidayMe presents Staycation at Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain Hotel
HolidayMe presents a short staycation in Al Ain this New Year. Enjoy a 2-day stay at Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain Hotel in a clean, pollution-free and noise free environment. This amazing resort is located at the top of the Jebel Hafeet mountain and offers a serene ambience fee from noise and pollution. An ideal family getaway for New Year celebration. Avail the state-of-the-art facilities like a recreational mini golf course, fully equipped fitness centre, sauna and spa massages and excursions to nearby areas. You can opt for several interesting activities and excursions with your family and friends.
Check out some of the interesting things to do and see in Al Ain
- Al Ain has some interesting attractions like Al Ain National Museum that extensively documents the various aspects of UAE’s life, customs and traditions including Bedouin jewellery and traditional musical instrument collections. The museum is further divided into three sections – archaeology, ethnography and gifts. This former royal home was the official residence of UAE’s founding father, Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
- The drive to Jebel Hafeet is a winding drive to the top of the mountain at 1,240 meters. This amazing road drive passes through the vast empty wilderness of the Rub Al Khali Desert.
- Don’t miss the redeveloped Al Qattara Fort, now converted into an arts centre and gallery, hosting works of modern exhibits and providing space for a variety of workshops like pottery, painting, music and calligraphy.
- Al Ain Zoo is also a great place to take your kids and have a good family time. The zoo host over 4000 animals and plants that are native to the region. The zoo offers plenty of green shaded spaces for a family picnic along with playgrounds, a cafeteria and a train tour of the wildlife area.
- Al Ain also has a water park – Wadi Adventure where you can try artificial white water rafting, kayaking and surf facility in the foothills of the majestic Jebel Hafeet.
- Speed lovers and thrill seekers can also head to Al Ain Raceway to take go-karting rides at its 1.6-kilometers-long track.