Gazing at the stunning views of majestic sunrises and broad horizons from your window or simply waking up from your sleep to find yourself amongst the dramatic landscapes of Antarctica! Exotic, isn’t it? The wind sweeping in your hair, the panoramas of the endless ocean, stars shining above – all this and much more - cruise ships are like floating cities with everything you could possibly want on board A truly modern form of travel and vacationing cruising is. Experience the elegance, grace and charm of true ocean travel while cruising along some of the most enchanting views of the planet.
What do cruise liners offer?
The opportunity to explore fantastic destinations like Antarctica, Caribbean, Baltic Seas, Mediterranean, South Pacific, among others in the comfort of a floating 5-star luxury hotel accompanied by fantastic entertainment shows, delicious dining and plenty of on-board activities to keep the entire family engaged.
READ MORE: Top 10 Train Journeys In The World
Cruise liners are a different breed in the global travel and tourism industry. They emphasis on providing high-quality services and magical experiences. They thrive on efficiency, comfort and royalty as they sail to exotic destinations like Norwegian fjords or Puerto Vallarta in Mexican Riviera. Cruises are the best way to travel around the world in utmost comfort and style.
If you're concerned about being stranded in the middle of the ocean, then simply relax! Cruise ships are like floating cities with everything you could possibly want on-board. Today's vessels are fitted with Wi-Fi, cell service and satellite TVs so you can stay in touch with the real world.
READ MORE: Top 10 Roads To Travel In The World
Top Cruise liners in the world!
There are plenty of amazing cruise liners in the world each specialising in its area of operations and fleet management. Some cruise liners are renowned for sophisticated on-board entertainment like Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Line while others are renowned for providing a family atmosphere and plenty of fun like Disney Cruise Lines, Star Cruises and Princess Cruises. Check out the top cruise lines in the world.
- Disney Cruise Line
- Princess Cruises
- Royal Caribbean International
- Celebrity Cruises
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Oceania Cruises
- Viking Cruises
- Star Cruises
- Carnival Cruise Line
- Lindblad Expeditions
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Top Cruise Destinations in the World!
Looking for a magical destination to sail with a cruise? Opt for the all-time classics like the Mediterranean Sea where you can enjoy balmy sea winds, delicious food, stunning sunsets and iconic destinations or opt for an experience of a lifetime with a ride to the Antarctica. The options are plenty as several regional and international cruise lines are in competition for several destinations. Check out the top cruise destinations in the world.
- Mediterranean Sea – Venice, Dubrovnik, Mykonos, Kotor, Istanbul, Malaga, Cartagena, Barcelona, Naples, Cannes.
- Baltic Sea and Scandinavia – Petersburg, Tallinn, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen.
- South Pacific Ocean – Fiji, Bora Bora, Tahiti, Samoa, Norfolk Island, Moorea, Port Moresby.
- Mexican Riviera – Puerto Vallarta, Mazaltan, Cabo San Lucas, Ixtapa, Acapulco.
- Caribbean Islands – St. Maarten, Grand Turk, St. Thomas, St, Kitts, King’s Wharf, Bonaire, Curacao, Barbados, St. Lucia, Aruba.
- Alaska – Glacier Bay, Sitka, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan.
- Arctic – Greenland, Iceland, Northern Canada
- Antarctica –
- USA and Canada – San Francisco, Bar Harbor, Key West, San Diego, Halifax, Los Angeles, New York, Boston, Quebec, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale.
- Western Europe – Amsterdam, Bruges, Lisbon, Rome, Paris, London, Cork, Glasgow.
- Hawaii – Kauai, Hilo, Maui, Honolulu, Kona.
- South America – Buenos Aires, Cartagena, Ushuaia, Lima, Montevideo, Sao Paulo, Santiago, Rio de Janeiro, Punta Arenas.
- Asia – Beijing, Singapore, Bali, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Taipei, Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai.
- European Rivers – Paris, Cologne, Dresden, Prague, London, Vienna, Amsterdam, Basel, Porto, Lyon, Budapest.
- Private Islands – Castaway Cay, Half Moon Cay, Amber Cove, Labadee, Coco Cay.
Types of Cruises Available Around the world
If you are not sure about cruise liners and their different types of operations, fret not! We have curated the types of cruise lines available across the world so that you can go ahead and book the perfect cruise for your next vacation.
READ MORE: Things Not Allowed On Flights
There are several types of cruises in the world. Some of them are extensive long trip duration around the world cruises while some of them are based on special expeditions to Antarctica or splendid river cruises in some of the world-famous rivers like Thames, Seine, Danube, etc. The main types of cruises are as follows:
- Classic Cruises – Caters to affluent clientele with splurge cabins and suites and formal ambience all the time and stylish formal wears.
- Sightseeing Cruises – Designed to include as many sightseeing opportunities including destinations like the Mediterranean, Northern, Western and Southern Europe, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia.
- River Cruises – Designed to offer an amazing insight of a destination while cruising down its beautiful rivers. Highly popular sightseeing activities these days in many cities like Thames River Cruise, Seine River Cruise, Danube River Cruise, Nile River Cruise, etc.
- Club Cruises – Causal ambience with land excursions, on-board wellness and fitness facilities, sunbathing decks and casual style of dressings.
- Fun Cruises – Cruises designed to provide world class professional entertainment shows like ballet shows, comedy acts, discos, movie theatres are very much prevalent in America and Caribbean.
- Mini Cruises – Large ferries operates for few short days and caters to nearby cities only. Highly popular in the Baltic Sea.
- Theme Cruises – Cruises centred around themes of sports, music, dining, wellness, entertainment. These are quite expensive as the cruises lines up with prominent sportsperson, musicians, artists, celebrities.
- Expedition Cruises – Limited people on-board scientific vessels or cruises with ice breaking capabilities that travel to Antarctica, Arctic Circle, Alaska and the two Poles. Designed for research, educational purposes, they provide an experience of a lifetime.
- Around the World Cruises – Highly popular mode of cruises that takes minimum three months and travels to multiple destinations. Involve multiple cruises and flights in between the cruises.
- Freighter Cruises – Some cargo freighters can pick you on-board for less than a regular cruise ship. Cabins are very basic, scheduled port stops and no entertainment.