Skyscrapers, beaches, rain forests, colonial buildings and a proud heritage of lots of communities, that’s what Malaysia is in a nut shell. But what most tourists don’t realize is that Malaysia is an excellent destination for that perfect family vacation. With its theme parks, interesting aquariums, horse-riding farms, and quiet beaches the popular tourist destinations in Malaysia have a lot to offer for families travelling with children. Here’s what each city in Malaysia has on offer if you’re planning your family holidays in Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur is always the first option that comes to mind for family holidays in Malaysia.
- The Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) is full of options that can keep kids busy - the Petronas Towers, The Suria shopping centre and the Petrosains (a Science Discovery Centre) being a few places to take them. The KLCC Playground is huge with number of rides for small kids.
- Then there is the KL Aquarium which has a 90m tunnel going through it, where one can see sharks, sting rays, jelly fishes and many more marine life wonders.
- The Berjaya Times Square is the largest shopping mall in the world and has interesting options for the entire family for shopping, dining, theme park, movies and many more.
- The KL Bird Park, the Perdana Botanical Gardens (formerly Lake Gardens) and the KL Butterfly Park are great places for nature-lovers in your family!
- Other attractions include KidZania, China Town and Little India.
- The Skyway to reach the cool highlands is the first step in the journey.
- Few hotels have theme parks and slides to indulge the children.
- Families can see a collection of beautiful butterflies at the Butterfly Wonderland, or try their hand at horse riding at Awana Horse Ranch.
- The Chin Swee Cave Temples, Strawberry Leisure Farm, Happy Bee Farm and the Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservatory are both informative and adventurous.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not and Snow World are other attractions here.
Also Read: Top Things to Do in MalaysiaPenang Penang is another place to plan family holidays in Thailand, where one can get a mix of adventure, nature and culture.
- The Kek Lok Si temple is the biggest in Thailand, the Liberation Pond and the gardens are a lovely sight. Likewise, the Snake Temple has an amazing story attached to it and one can still see some snakes there.
- Families can enjoy at the Batu Ferringhi Beach which is clean and less crowded, or visit the Orangutan Island, Monkey Beach and the Turtle Sanctuary.
- The Bird Sanctuary, National Park Canopy Walk and the Teluk Bahang Forest park are good for watching birds and to go trekking.
- For kids the Youth Park, Butterfly Farm, Toy Museum Heritage Garden, and Mega Kiddie World would be of great interest.
- The Funicular Ride and the Ferry to Butterworth island are much enjoyed by families.