Greece is the ideal European summer destination. Perfect balmy weather, plenty of sunshine, sparkling blue waters and poetic sunsets make this classic Mediterranean country a highly popular holiday destination.
Greece is now steadily recovering from a painful economic meltdown and tourism plays a key role in the ongoing economic recovery. Being part of the European Union’s Schengen Agreement, Greece follows the Schengen Visa policy.
Greece Schengen Visa
Visitors need to apply for Greece visa prior to their travel to Greece unless they are from visa exempted countries. Citizens of European Union, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Romania, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland do not require a visa to enter Greece.
Citizens of over 62 countries can enter Greece without a visa and stay up to 90 days. The list includes countries like Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Serbia, Singapore, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, United States of America.
Rest of the countries, that are not included in visa-free travel to Europe’s Schengen agreement, will have to source a valid Schengen visa for Greece prior to their departure.
Documents required to apply for Greece Schengen Visa:
- Duly signed and complete application form to be filled electronically and then print a hard copy.
- 2 latest passport size photos with white background.
- A passport valid for at least three months beyond your return date and having two blank pages.
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 Euros coverage within Greece and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Greece and the complete itinerary.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate, and other documents).
- Flight itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Greece.
- Hotel reservation for the whole duration of stay or proof of accommodation in case of staying with local hosts.
- Proof of sufficient financial funds to support the entire duration of stay in Greece.