Romantic places in Tbilisi, Georgia!
- What can be more romantic than enjoying a panoramic view of the capital city of Georgia, Tbilisi, from a vantage point?
- Stroll down the Bridge of Peace in Tbilisi for some quiet time with your partner and enjoy the view it offers!
- If you want to escape the hustle and bustle of Tbilisi, head out with your love towards the Tbilisi sea (not an actual sea, just a reservoir), near which is the Chronicle of Georgia, one of the most impressive and dramatic structures you'll come across in the country!
- If you and your beloved are spiritual and love exploring religious places together, then the Sameba - the Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi is the perfect place to check out.
Top honeymoon spots in Georgia
For the newlyweds, Georgia has a lot to offer. The entire country is blessed with scenic natural beauty, which is perfect for romance in Georgia. The country is still not commercialized like the usual romantic destinations such as Venice, Paris or Vienna. However, it still has enough charm to ensure a highly romantic vacation.
- Walk down the cobbled streets of Old Tbilisi and check out the Gabriadze Puppet Theater that runs productions by Revaz “Rezo” Gabriadze, a Georgian theater and film director and playwright. He was the one who built the adjoining clock tower, the Leaning Tower of Tbilisi, a bizarre structure that's one of Tbilisi's most recognizable attractions!
- Take a funicular ride to Mtatsminda Mount and enjoy a Ferris wheel ride.
- In Kakheti, enjoy a stroll at the side of beautiful lakes, walk on the stone paved streets of Sighnaghi and sample wonderful wines in the small wineries along with local delicacies.
- Read the epic novel Ali and Nino: A Love Story by Kurban Said and see the sculptures dedicated to them in Georgia's resort town, Batumi. (Ali and Nino is a novel about a romance between a Muslim Azerbaijani boy and Christian Georgian girl in Baku in the years 1918-1920). The moving artwork, "Statue of Love", depicts the star-crossed lovers, Ali and Nino whose love story ended tragically due to World War I. Every evening at 7 pm, the two metallic figures start moving towards each other, briefly merging, but eventually coming out as their segments pass through. A sad, but romantic depiction of their tragedy!
- Look at the stars in the observatory of Abastumani or enjoy an evening on the beaches of the Black Sea.
- Enjoy a hike to Kazbegi and Juta villages filled with memorable scenic beauty.
- See the national parks of Kintrishi and Mtirala in Ajara.
- Admire the medieval towers and castles of Khevsureti or Svaneti.
Georgia is heaven for foodie couples
If delicious food and quality wine are key ingredients to having a good quality time with your beloved one, then Georgia is the most romantic place to be. Complementing the great food is the charming, romantic vibe of Tbilisi which is peppered with cozy and cute cafes and restaurants (like PurPur, Lolita, Tiflis Veranda) - the perfect setting for a romantic breakfast, lunch or dinner date with your love! A unique, pure and uninfluenced cuisine still thrives in Georgia, along with a world renowned wine reputation. Through the travel, you will have enough opportunities to savour the local specialties such as Khashlama (juicy beef brisket), Mtsvadi (meat barbeque), Chakapuli (stewed lamb in vegetables, Pkhlovani (spinach stuffed pie) and many more unique local specialties like Gebzhalia, Achma, Ajarian, Pkhali and many more. You both can enroll in a local cookery class or simply ask the friendly local chef for more authentic experience. A rich cuisine coupled with fresh farm products is heaven for foodies and perfect for romance in Georgia.
Georgia is perfect for adventurous couples!If your idea of romance is a holiday full of adventure, then you can't get a better option than Georgia! There are several options to make your trip to Georgia a truly adventurous affair. Couples who love a dash of adventure will have a great time in Georgia as the country offers wide range of adventure activities. From hiking, bird watching and camping to extreme mountaineering, caving and river rafting, there are a lot of options for the adventurous ones among us.
Know more: Adventure in Georgia, EuropeGeorgia’s beautiful landscape also helps you move off the well-established tracks and go off-road with horse riding and 4x4 drive adventures, making it perfect for an adventure-loving couple. You can also enjoy a stay in eco-lodges, pitch a tent in a secluded area or stay in local home stays. Georgia honeymoon will certainly be an experience to cherish for adventure seekers!
Tips to make the most of your honeymoon in Georgia country
- It isn't just enough to wine-and-dine when you're in Georgia, the birthplace of wine! How about taking romance to the next level with some "wine therapy"? Head to the Kvareli Eden Wine Spa in Kvareli, one of the most beautiful cities in Georgia's Kakheti region, that offers a wide range of body and head massages using grape seed oil, Saperavi grapes, hot wine juice, white grape skins and even aromatherapy. There's a wide variety of relaxing massages to choose from; we would recommend the "Love Wine Massage for Two" - the perfect choice for couples and newly-weds. There's neuro-sedative massage with hot grapes and chocolate, in a romantic setting with glasses of wine, chocolate delights, candles and music!
- If your idea of romance is to relax and enjoy your vacation at a leisurely pace, then you must visit the sulphur baths of Tbilisi to unwind and rejuvenate your body and your tired souls.
- Or simply relax by immersing yourselves in the famous Georgian mineral waters at one of the spa hotels in Borjomi.