New Year is almost here and still haven’t figured out where to ring it in? Here are a few quick getaways from Dubai that might come in handy in your last minute planning. We’ve put together quick New Year Getaways from Dubai (departure on 30th Dec and 31st Dec, 2019) that won’t burn a hole in your pocket! Wishing you a Happy New Year and happy travelling!
It’s time to bid the old year goodbye and start celebrating the New Year’s Eve 2020. Plan your quick getaway to Georgia on this New Year’s Eve 2020 and be a part of the Georgian extravaganza and celebrations. A Georgia holiday will provide you fun and entertainment unlike any place else. The country livens up with an amazing midnight firework show, music, food and great entertainment. Come and experience the uniquely Georgian holiday spirit and usher in the New Year 2020 in Georgia in a big way.
Things to do on New Year’s Eve 2020 in Georgia
- Go exploring the city of Tbilisi with its ancient and beautiful Narikala Fortress, its stunning Holy Trinity Cathedral and its hi-tech Bridge of Peace.
- Go on a tour of Mtskheta – the old capital of Georgia. Do visit its two UNESCO heritage sights of Jvari monastery and Svetitskhoveli Cathedral.
- Enjoy the delicious Georgian cuisine.
- You should also visit the interesting Uplistsikhe cave city which is regarded as one of the most important cultural monuments of Georgia.
- You can also opt for a tour of the mesmerizing city of Borjomi.
- This amazing New Year in Georgia travel package (departure from Dubai on 30 Dec, 2019) by holidayme has all of the above and also a full day tour of the charming city of Gudauri. If you have ever dreamed of making snow angles, building snowmen, and skiing in pristine snow, Gudauri is the place for you!
- Get a unique experience of shopping in Georgia’s local bazaars and buy some authentic stuff which can be carried back home as souvenirs.
You will be glad to celebrate this New Year’s Eve 2020 in Azerbaijan as the Eurasian country boasts of rich traditions, culture and stunning Azerbaijani cuisine. Like many countries, Azerbaijan also celebrates New Year’s Eve according to the Gregorian calendar with Father Frost and Snow Maiden, Christmas trees, feasts and numerous gifts. You will get mesmerized by the New Year celebrations in Baku, as the entire city turns into a fabulous arena dazzling with lights and stunning fireworks to ring in the New Year in Azerbaijan in style.
To know more about Azerbaijan, click here.
Things to do on New Year’s Eve 2020 in Azerbaijan
- Revel in the festive mood during the most magical time of the year – New Year’s Eve 2020 in the Qafqaz Baku City Hotel & Residences which is offering many delightful surprises for its guests.
- Climb the spiral staircases of Maiden’s Tower and enjoy the spectacular firework displays on the eve of the New Year in Azerbaijan.
- You can opt for a memorable trip to Gabala (Qabala) – the ancient capital of Caucasus Albania.
- You should definitely go on a tour of the Gobustan National Park. A national historical landmark of Azerbaijan, this national park is peppered with mud volcanoes and ancient carvings.
- Savour some delicious Azeri cuisine including the likes of piti (a national soup made of mutton cooked in a clay dish) and levengi (chicken or fish stuffed with minced nuts).
3. United Arab Emirates
For a last-minute getaway from the Middle East for New Year’s Eve 2020, look no further than UAE! The entire region celebrates the New Year with pizazz and glamour. Emirates like Dubai and Abu Dhabi host a plethora of new year events that include live musical performances and some of the most happening New Year’s Eve parties on the planet. Also, the beauty of Dubai is its convenience. Many people from the Middle Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia and Oman can simply head over to Dubai at the very last minute and still enjoy the festivities like there’s no tomorrow!
Things to do on New Year’s Eve 2020 in UAE
- Book this incredible New Year in UAE package by holidayme and bring in 2020 at the luxurious Taj Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai.
- Shop till you drop at some of the most gigantic malls in Dubai like the Dubai Mall, the Mall of the Emirates, the Ibn Batuta Mall and the Deira City Centre.
- Explore top sights of the emirate like the gigantic Burj Khalifa, the captivating Dubai Fountain, the historical Dubai Creek and the fun Ski Dubai.
Not one for partying and clubbing? Not a fan of loud music and over-the-top revelries? Then you should head over to the picturesque country of Armenia for your New Year’s Eve celebrations. Although fireworks, gift exchange and drinking are a part of the evening, Armenians do it with a lot of class and they mostly keep the celebrations within their family. Food is also an integral part of the New Year’s Eve traditions in Armenia. Another ancient custom that many of the residents follow is that of the fire. Family members come together and light a fire which is symbolic of them burning all the bad memories and making way for beautiful memories in the new year.
Things to do on New Year’s Eve 2020 in Armenia
- Go on a walking tour of Yerevan and explore its stunning sights such as the Republic Square and the Yerevan Cascade.
- Head over to Garni which is a pagan temple and best-known structure & symbol of pre-Christian Armenia.
- You should also check out the Geghard Monastery which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- An experience you should have in Armenia is a ride of the Tsaghkadzor Ropeway which offers stunning views of the Teghenis Mountain.
- Opt for the Jermuk day tour of this New Year special holiday package and explore the beautiful town at your own sweet pace.
Planning to celebrate New Year’s Eve 2020 in Turkey may not be the first choice that comes to your mind when you think of partying, but you will be surprised by the various exciting festivals and events that the city hosts this time of the year. New Year in Turkey is all about decorating homes, trees, and even streets, while enjoying the exemplary Turkish cuisine and exchanging gifts with your loved ones. Street parties are held across cities in Turkey, fireworks are set off and people gather in clubs and restaurants to celebrate the New Year’s Eve in style.
To know more about Turkey, click here.
Things to do on New Year’s Eve 2020 in Turkey
- One of the best ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve 2020 in Turkey is taking a Bosphorus dinner cruise where you will see the best of Turkey and its unmatched views of the fireworks as you sail.
- You can also check out some of the city’s most popular venues like the Gar Music Hall, enjoying belly dancing, Turkish night shows and folk music at the iconic Galata Tower.
- Most of the people choose to celebrate New Year with special Turkish cuisines on roof top restaurants so that they can easily watch the amazing firework display.
- Istanbul is a party city, so don’t miss out on an opportunity to experience the traditional street party and various New Year concerts, along with shopping in the city centers.
If you are wondering where to celebrate New Year’s Eve 2020, then look no further than the mesmeric land of Bosnia. A lovely Balkan country boasting of azure blue waters, charming locals straddling the mountainous terrain, beautiful towns with cozy and friendly atmosphere, and a rich culture coupled with sumptuous food to gorge on. New Year’s in Bosnia and Herzegovina is celebrated with huge fireworks, greetings, special songs and involves a lot of gifts exchange. Restaurants and bars are filled with people making merry. At the stroke of midnight, people gather on the streets, sing songs, and have a few drinks and ring in the New Year.
To know more about Bosnia, click here.
Things to do on New Year’s Eve 2020 in Bosnia
- Enjoy the stunning beauty of the Kravice Waterfall on a paddle boat and explore the Kravice Lake replete with rich vegetation, mountains and forests along with lunch or dinner served on cruises.
- Explore Sarajevo and Mostar cities in Bosnia, which offers music festivals to sporting events, and cultural shows to film festivals on New Year 2020 Eve.
- Take a road trip to Bosnia through the mountains and get fascinated by twists and turns of the roads, beautiful lakes, rolling landscapes and the enchanting countryside.
- Don’t miss an opportunity to snap an iconic photo of Stari Most; Bosnia’s most remarkable landmark and a classic piece of Islamic architecture.
- Go for shopping in Sarajevo on the New Year’s Eve 2020 as the city is famous for its handmade carpets, intricate embroidery and woodcarvings. Ceramics, local wines, woolen wear, brass coffee pots and tapestries are some of the best other souvenirs you can get in Bosnia.