Blessed with a diverse geography, rich history and fascinating cultural traditions, Malaysia, the south Asian country is a developed country attracting millions of people from various parts of the world. Right from gorgeous beaches, dense rain-forests, lofty hills to mysterious caves, this country has everything that would keep its visitors entertained. Come here to be a part of fun-filled leisure activities, world-class shopping opportunities, intriguing sight-seeing tours, and a phenomenal gastronomic experience. Worried about the visa formalities, we have got it sorted for you![Total: 4 Average: 4]
Malaysian Visa: Who all is granted visa-free entry to Malaysia for 90 days?Citizen of following countries are allowed to visit Malaysia 90 days visa-free – Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Poland, Romania, Qatar, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Yemen, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech, Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland etc. Apart from these citizens of about 100 countries are permitted to enter Malaysia without a visa for a period of 30 days. If you are a citizen of countries like India or China, you are entitled for visa-on-arrival, in case you are arriving from Thailand or Singapore with valid visa of either of the countries.
Malaysian Visa: Types of VisaThe Malaysian Government Issues Three (3) types of visas to foreign nationals:
1. Single Entry VisaIssued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia for a social visit. It is mostly valid for a single entry and for a time frame of three months from the date of issue.
2. Multiple Entry VisaMultiple entry visa is issued to foreign nationals who need a visa to enter Malaysia for business or government-to-government related affairs. The validity of visa is lies anywhere between 3 months to 12 months from the date of issue. However, there are few conditions in order to gain Multiple Entry Visa:
- The applicant must show proof of adequate funds for staying in Malaysia
- Possession of a valid and confirmed return ticket is a must.
- Tour groups are not eligible to apply for Multiple Entry Visa.
3. Transit VisaTransit visa is issued to foreign nationals who want a visa to enter Malaysia while transiting to other countries. In case, the traveller is continuing the journey to next destination without leaving the airport premises in the same flight, they do not require a transit visa. How to apply for Visa? Documents required for Malaysian visa? The visa applications must be made at any nearest Malaysian Representative Office Abroad. Following is the generic list of documents required to apply for Malaysian visa, please note that the list of documents may vary country to country, please check website for detailed information.
- A duly filled Visa Application Form signed by the applicant.
- Original passport (Machine readable) with two copies of bio page for applicants and validity of more than 6 months from upon arrival in Malaysia.
- 3 recent photograph 3.5 cm X 5 cm in white background only.