The original capital of Philippines (until Manila took over) and the largest island in the Visayas region, Cebu has been luring tourists with its splendid beaches, awesome diving opportunities, lip-smacking food, rolling hills, milky waterfalls, and a history that speaks volumes about the unbreakable spirit of mankind. Whether you like exploring mangrove forests or love solving mysteries of the deep blue sea, Cebu has something for everyone.
6 Places to visit in Cebu, Philippines
1. Cebu CityA gateway to the island’s abundant diving sites, Cebu city, with its pulsating restaurants and architecturally marvelous tourist spots, is a must-visit for anyone touring Philippines. Some of the places you can explore while visiting the city include the 18th century Spanish fort of San Pedro, the holy sites of Basilica Minore del Santo Niño and Magellan's Cross and the interesting Casa Gorordo Museum. And, one of the things to do in Cebu at night is to visit any of the lively pubs that you’ll find spread across the city.
2. OslobThe small coastal town of Oslob is home to one of the most famous and thrilling Cebu attractions - whale sharks! This town is the best place to swim with these magnificent giants. But if you are not that adventurous, worry not, you can still visit Oslob and check out the mesmerizing Tumalog Falls and the lovely ruins of Cuartel, which used to be a stone coral facility. Want to know the best time to visit Cebu? Click here!
3. BadianWhere is the best place to unwind in Cebu, you ask? Badian it is! Home to just one luxury resort and a few home stays, it is a sweetheart of travellers. You could either sip on some mocktails while you take in the tranquility of the mountains surrounding the municipality or you could go see the wonderful three-layered Kawasan Falls located nearby. You could also hop on a boat and visit the Pescador Island where you can snorkel to your heart’s content. Better yet, if you love hiking, you can trek up the Osmena peak and enjoy some ravishing views of the island.
4. Bantayan IslandAre you in search of Cebu beach resorts that’ll pamper you rotten? Then you must visit the Bantayan island off the north-western coast of Cebu, where the hospitality is wonderful, and the coastlines are breathtaking. Home to some of the best beaches in Cebu, activities you can undertake while visiting Bantayan include sunbathing, boating, island hopping, swimming, and, if you up for it, even skydiving.
If you want to add an unknown yet stunning destination to your Cebu itinerary, look no further than Sogod - a unique place with a unique name in Philippines. An offbeat destination, Sogod is where you’ll find several caves, waterfalls, and freshwater springs. Click here for the top 10 reasons to visit Philippines!View this post on Instagram
Fondly known as the Sugar Bowl of Cebu due to the presence of Bogo Medellin Milling Company (which is into sugar production), Medellin is a pretty municipality on Cebu island. It is the best place to visit with kids as there are tons of attractions to keep them engaged. Explore the adventure zone at the Funtastic Beach Resort or enjoy the thrilling Medellin zip line, or the Tarzan jump. The Medellin Hideaway is another attraction in the area - a small bamboo footbridge located in the middle of the sea!View this post on Instagram
Other interesting places to visit in Cebu
- Take inspiration from the majestic Inambakan Falls.
- Pamper yourself at the Mainit Hot Spring National Park.
- Trek to the enchanting Dao Waterfall.
- Swim with giant turtles in Moalboal.