Truly, 100% Pure New Zealand, the official tagline of New Zealand’s Tourism board, aptly fits the country which has an exciting combination of scenic beauty, adventure activities and plenty of sightseeing and leisure options. This year, add New Zealand to your list of romance and honeymoon destinations and plan your beautiful holiday by including the below mentioned recommendations.
Experience the Adventures of New Zealand
- Enjoy a sensational helicopter ride over the vast expanse of the misty and beautiful Milford Sound fjord and land on top of a glacier while admiring the dramatic scenery.
- In Lake Taupo, explore the huge Maori rock carvings at Mine Bay on a kayaking trip, which can only be visited by a boat.
- In Queenstown, conquer your fear of heights as you take a leap from the world renowned AJ Hackett Bungy, the birthplace of the thrilling bungee jumping adventure.
- Leap from a plane, soar like a bird and enjoy the feeling of free fall while experiencing tandem sky diving with a highly qualified trainer.
Romance in scenic beauty of New Zealand
- Sail in the scenic waters of the stunning North Island coastline and visit the glorious Bay of Islands. Plenty of intimate beaches, pristine sceneries and friendly dolphins are added attractions.
- Take a self-drive tour from Queenstown to Christchurch, The Southern Scenic Route which is dotted with lush green meadows filled with cattle, picnic spots by Lake Tekapo and sweeping views of the sea.
- Follow The Classic New Zealand Wines Trail and savour New Zealand’s delicious wines, cheese and fresh farm products. Plus, check out the dramatic Marlborough Sounds, Wellington’s nightlife and cruise ferry between North and South Islands.
- Admire the South Island’s west coast from Nelson to Queenstown and revel in the beautiful natural landscape made of pristine forests, dramatic glaciers and charming towns like Franz Josef and Fox.
Indulge in gastronomy of New Zealand
- Enjoy a memorable picnic at Rotorua with freshly baked bread, local cheese, fresh fruits and meats and set up the delicious spread near any of region’s geothermal pools.
- Greytown in Wellington region, North Island has well-maintained Victorian architecture and typical charming cafes and is a heaven for chocolate lovers.
- Waiheke Islands is famous for top quality wines, renowned for their distinctive flavour because of the region’s unique geology. Taste the classic, vintage wines with a seaside meal and admiring the stunning views.
- Cycle through the beautiful vineyards of Gibbston Valley Vineyards while savouring the famous Pinot Noir wines and fresh farm products of the region.
Recover and rejuvenate in New Zealand
- Enjoy a rejuvenating spa at a luxurious resort in Matauri Bay along with several healing treatments, gastronomic cuisine.
- Spend some relaxing time at Hammer Springs, known for its thermal pool, spas and beautiful alpine village surrounded by pristine forests.
- Try the Kiwi version of Japanese hot tub in Omarama, Canterbury. Soak in the warm waters with a glass of champagne and admire the views of stunning mountains.
- Unwind yourself in the mud pools, steam clouds and hot springs of the geothermal wonder and landscape of Rotorua.
There are plenty of things to do in New Zealand which ensure a 100% Pure New Zealand experience. The legend says, a powerful Polynesian demigod named Maui fished the islands of North and South Islands from the sea which remained undiscovered for ages. Truly, New Zealand is a magical land!