At holidayme, the safety and health of our customers is our top priority. This blog was published before the Coronavirus pandemic and is not encouraging our dear readers to travel during these uncertain times.
We request all our fellow travellers to stay at home and only travel when the world is Coronavirus-free. Hope our travel blogs continue to inspire you. Stay home, stay safe!
Romantic Staycation UAEWeekend getaways are getting fast recognition among the generation that believes in the catchphrase 'YOLO' (You only live once) and want to live their life to the fullest. There is no doubt about the fact that weekend getaways provide an excellent opportunity to break free from the monotony and rejuvenate tired souls. If you are in Dubai and looking for some getaways to woo your sweetheart or to rekindle the romance, you need to check out this awesome list of romantic getaways in UAE, curated especially for you, keeping in mind three things: weekend, romance, and convenience!
Romantic extended weekend getaways in DubaiWe begin our list with places that are within the magnificent emirate called Dubai. If you are strained for time, these are ideal and lots of fun.
1. Luxury Desert Experience from DubaiIf you are bored with the regular wine and dine ritual, here is a chance to whisk your love to ultra-romantic dining set up, right in the middle of a desert with a 6-course meal. Begin your evening in style, arrive in a Mercedes-Benz G-Class (SUV), further move on to check out the Dubai’s Desert Conservation Reserve to click selfies with Arabian gazelles and oryx. In the evening, you will be entertained by a camel ride, and will get to relish a 6-course dinner prepared by your private chef under the starlit sky. As you eat, you will also get to enjoy cultural performances like belly dancing or Khaleeji performance and henna tattooing if you want. Try smoking a shisha (Arabic water pipe) if you like. This is also a great option for anniversary getaways in UAE. Read More: 5 Romantic Hotels in Dubai perfect for a Fairytale Getaway
2. Dubai by Night City TourThe grandeur of the city of Dubai is best enjoyed at night, when the stars are twinkling, the skyscrapers are lit in full glory and the climate is just perfect to enjoy a long drive. You could sign up for a hop-on-hop-off tour with your sweetheart, and gear up to check out the sights of the city by night! On your tour, you will get to see Dubai’s downtown streets, Sheikh Zayed Road, Burj Al Arab, the coastline to Palm Jumeirah Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, and the mighty Burj Khalifa that has 163 floors and gets lit up at night - perfect for a romantic getaway in UAE.
3. Bateaux Dubai Cruise
Exceptional sights of the glittering skyline of the city, a hearty 4-course meal, some soft music played by an expert pianist: a perfect receipt for a romantic getaway, right? A cruise is on the bucket list of many but only a few are able to fulfil this wish of theirs; thanks to the exorbitant prices and the time factor (cruise are usually 3-7 days long). But, this Bateaux Dubai Cruise is just perfect, in terms of economy and time. Cruising under the glowing Maktoum and Floating bridges, catching a glimpse of the Clock Tower and Dhow Wharfage, Twin Towers and Deira Tower and gliding by the Old Souk, Grand Mosque and Old Boat Port, will lead to an unforgettable experience, guaranteed!
Best Romantic getaways from DubaiEnlisted below are few weekend getaways from Dubai perfect for romantic couples who would not mind driving a bit to treat themselves with stunning visuals. Also Read: Halal friendly tourist destinations
1. Abu Dhabi’s Saadiyat IslandDistance from Dubai: 1 h 24 min (131.3 km) There is absolutely no dearth of romantic places in UAE. The sporty couples who like to mix leisure with a few recreational activities, should head to the Saadiyat Public Beach. The stunning beach island is managed by BAKE and offers an array of adventurous activities like stand-up paddle boarding and kayaking along with delicious food and drinks. Stroll with your loved one on the clean beach, swim, make sand castles or just have a drink or two and see the sun go down…the exquisite beach setting will only add to the overall feel. Traveling to this place is bound to be one of the most romantic weekend getaways in UAE.
2. Banyan Tree Al Wadi: Ras al-KhaimahDistance from Dubai: 1 h 2 min Those looking for romantic luxury resort away from the city lights, at a distance which would not eat away half of your weekend, Banyan Tree Al Wadi at Ras al-Khaimah, at about an hour’s drive from Dubai is the right choice. This place calls for a perfect romantic staycation in UAE. Be prepared to be blown away with the sheer beauty of this gorgeous place. I mean, you don’t get to chill at your own private infinity pool, hop onto one of the Arabian horses at the hotel’s ranch, enjoy a round of golf on the 18-hole course, or be whisked to a very special snorkelling trip available by speed boat to a secret island, everyday… do you? One of the best romantic resorts in UAE!
3. Fossil Rock (Road trip)Distance from Dubai: 1 h Roadtrip lovers, attention please? Driving on a seemingly endless road, with your favourite number on, with your beloved for company is an ideal getaway for most of us. Fossil Rock is a popular camping spot and serves as an ideal destination for a quick road trip from Dubai. If the drive leaves your soul hungry for more, you have an option of pitching a tent a for a small barbeque party exclusively for the two of you or simply lie down to watch the stars before you head back to the comforts of your own home.
4. Shark IslandDistance from Dubai: 104.66 km Yet another opportunity for the adventurous kinds, head to Khor Fakkan for a day of snorkelling off the UAE’s best coast. You can hire a boat out from the corniche and have the boat runners take you over to Shark Island. Check out the crystal clear waters, with plenty of marine life and enjoy a lazy lunch at the beach hotel.
Trip to neighbouring countriesThis one is for someone who is good at planning and does not mind crossing borders for their loved ones (quite literally!). The UAE is blessed with beautiful neighbouring countries and each of them are blessed with amiable weather, vast variety of things to do, and if you are smart enough, you might end up getting some fantastic deals.
- Georgia (flight time from Dubai: approx. 3 hrs)
- Armenia (flight time from Dubai: approx. 3 hrs)
- Turkey (flight time from Dubai: approx. 4 hrs)
- Belgrade (flight time from Dubai: approx 6 hrs.)