The Republic of Seychelles is an archipelago comprising of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean. This amazing country is a tropical paradise filled with secluded coves, atolls, white sand beaches, turquoise waters and world class resorts and hotels. Seychelles has featured extensively in several luxury travel magazines and websites and is among the most popular destinations to visit in 2018. If you plan to travel to this magical place, go through the Seychelles visa requirements mentioned below:
Seychelles allows free-visa access to all the foreign nationals visiting the country. The visitors’ permit is valid for three months and can be extended for another three months with further extensions not exceeding the total wait period of twelve months (1-Year).
Requirements for Seychelles Visa
Visitors arriving in Seychelles should have a valid passport with 6 months of validity, return or onward flight tickets, proof of hotel/resort/guest house accommodation and sufficient funds (Approximately 50 USD per day).
Focusing on the citizens of UAE, they do not need a visa, however they must possess the evidence of onward or return transportation, confirmed accommodations, proof of sufficient funds. Post it, they will then be issued a Visitor’s Permit valid for a stay of up to 30 days. The stay can be elongated in 3 month increments to an aggregate stay of 1 year.
Also Read: 5 Hidden Gems of Seychelles
Mutual Visa Exemptions
Seychelles, despite having the universal unilateral visa waiver, has further signed mutual visa agreements with several countries.
- UAE citizens can also stay up to 90 days without visa in Seychelles.
- Seychelles have a visa waiver agreement with Brazil that allows stay for a period of 90 to 180 days.
- China has also signed an agreement with Seychelles which allows Chinese citizens to stay for a period of 30 days.
- Seychelles has signed a mutual visa agreement with the member countries of the Schengen Agreement to stay without a visa for a maximum period of three months.
- Russian citizens can also stay for a period of 30 days without visa
The following items can’t be imported without an import permit or official permission:
- Radioactive substances
- Biological specimens