This New Year, opt for a relaxing family time in a clean, pollution-free and laid back staycation in Ras al-Khaimah. Ras al-Khaimah is one of the seven Emirates of United Arab Emirates and touches the border with Sultanate of Oman. The region is very scenic as it’s surrounded by the Hajjar Mountains, sprawling oasis, hot springs, desert and sandy beaches amidst the backdrop of the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman.
Ras al-Khaimah is now enjoying the benefits of economic boom and is in redevelopment mode. The city is now witnessing the rise of several luxury hotels, resorts, tourist attractions, revamped tourist facilities, etc. However, Ras al-Khaimah is still having its pristine look and feel and remains untouched from the typical touristy commercialisation. This New Year, opt for a soothing staycation in Ras al-Khaimah and have quality time with your family.
HolidayMe presents Staycation at Golden Tulip Khatt Springs Resort & Spa
This New Year, opt for a 2-day staycation at Golden Tulip Khatt Springs Resort and Spa, one of the esteemed resort of Ras al-Khaimah. Located just 45-minutes drive from Dubai, Ras al-Khaimah is a serene destination free from the hassles of your daily life. Check in to The Golden Tulip Khatt Springs Resort and Spa that is located at the foothills of majestic Hajjar Mountains and is surrounded by a valley filled with date palms and farmlands. To make your stay memorable, the tour also includes complimentary tickets to the Ice Land Water Park where you can enjoy plenty of fun rides, activities and have a good time with your family this New Year.
Things to do in Ras al-Khaimah with family
- Visit the Ras al-Khaimah National Museum that part a fort which used to serve as the royal residence of the ruling family till 1960s. The museum documents the region’s ethnographic history, a collection of documents, manuscripts, weaponry and history of early settlers.
- See the 16th century Dhayah Fort that has played a major role in the history of Ras al-Khaimah and acted as a military tower atop a strategic hilltop overlooking the gulf.
- Ras al-Khaimah has a glorious history of pearl diving which is very well documented at the Ras al-Khaimah Pearl Museum. The museum will help you understand the intricacies of pearl diving, its equipment and dangers associated with the work.
- Visit the Jazirat al-Hamra, an abandoned fishing village that now serves as a reminder of the times before the discovery of the oil in the region and how it has transformed the region. Local Emiratis left the fishing village in the 1960s, allowing the fishing village to dry and crumble in the desert climate.
- Check out Khatt Springs, an area filled with mineral-rich hot pools and renowned for its therapeutic properties. The nearby area also contains close to 170 archaeological sites.
- The rugged Hajjar Mountains dominates the landscape of Ras al-Khaimah with jagged landscapes comprising of rust coloured sand dunes and desert.
- In the north of Ras al-Khaimah lies the little village of Shimal, a historic site with several hundred pre-Islamic tombs and settlements that date to 2000- 1300 BC. You can also see the small Husn al-Shimal Fort that is perched on a rocky outcrop and offers panoramic views of the area.
- Do take your family and kids to Saqr Park, Ras al-Khaimah’s first amusement park. The park is ideal for kids and family with plenty of fun rides and entertainment.
- Visit the newest attraction of Ras al-Khaimah – Iceland Water Park. This amazing water park is designed with the themes of ice and water and offers plenty of splash rides, kids friendly pools and plenty of activities.