Celebrate this year's UAE National Day 2019 with your loved ones. Fly away from the tired old routine and indulge your senses in beautiful and pristine locales. You can choose to go to some of the best beaches in the world, visit the most famous pyramids on the planet, swim with giant fishes, or learn about the history of Islam in an absolutely stunning museum, and much more. We have put together a list of 5 places under 5 hours from Dubai to ensure that your options for fun are virtually unlimited – that too just a short flight away and well under budget! Here are those places:-
1. SeychellesFlight Time from Dubai: 4:14 hours
Places to visit in Seychelles:
- See the smallest national park in the world – Moyenne Islands, an island that has more species per square foot than any other national park in the world.
- A visit back in time without the help of a time machine. The quaint town of ‘La Passe’ offers visitors an experience of the gentler times.
- This one is for outdoor enthusiasts. Hiking with the highly experienced and knowledgeable environmentalist, Jacques Barreau, through the wildlife-rich jungles of Seychelles.
- The unique ‘paradise within a paradise’ – Vallee de Mai. The nature park owes its UNESCO World Heritage Site status to the exotic plants, trees, animals, and birds that call this park home.
- A visit to the Anse Lazio beach, which routinely makes an appearance on the list of best beaches in the world.
2. Amman, JordanFlight Time from Dubai: 3:10 hours
Places to visit in Amman:
- Visit the ‘Grandmother’s House’ known locally as ‘Beit Sitti’, a traditional Jordanian mansion, where you are taught special local recipes by a family of expert cooks. Later, devour these dishes for dinner!
- Travel back to the ancient times with a visit to the Roman theatre, and witness fascinating theatrical and musical shows.
- Enjoy a date with history by exploring the historical site of Amman Citadel, where the temple of Hercules stands till date.
- Visit the place where the rich history of Jordan is best presented – the Jordan museum. The museum houses numerous artefacts ranging from pre-historic, historic, Islamic, classical, and modern times of Jordan.
- Take a bite of the scrumptious international dishes with a dash of Jordanian flavour at the Basin restaurant located in Petra.
3. Baku, AzerbaijanFlight Time from Dubai: Around 3 hours
Places to visit in Baku:
- Make sure to visit the History Museum showing exhibits of Azerbaijani life from ancient times to present.
- Step into the past by exploring the most ancient part of Baku termed as the 'Old City', a must-do in your travel itinerary.
- Baku's matchless gem, Heydar Aliyev Center signifies the best of culture spread all over the city. Visit to know it all!
- Maiden Tower, a tall, imposing structure in Baku listed under the UNESCO World Heritage List of Historical Monuments is definitely worth your travel bucket list!
4. MaldivesFlight Time from Dubai: 4:17 hours
Places to visit in Maldives:
- Swim, snorkel, and dive in the crystal-clear water of Ari Atoll and say hello to the world’s largest fish, the whale sharks, at South Ari Atoll.
- Feast on insanely-delicious seafood, cooked in the most innovative styles at Thila in Vihamanafushi.
- Lounge by the Fulhadhoo beach, widely considered one of the most romantic beach in Maldives.
- Sala Thai, one of the best restaurants of Maldives serves quite possibly the best Thai food you’ve ever had, in an amazing open-air setting.
- Experience and see the intricate decoration on ancient coral stone, dating back to 1656, at Hukuru Miskiiy. The origins and construction of this mosque, is unrivalled in the entire Middle-East. (Tip: dress to cover your whole body).
5. Cairo, EgyptFlight Time from Dubai: 3.5 hours
Places to visit in Cairo:
- Want to experience the favourite pastime of the ancient rulers of Egypt? Take a cruise on the Nile. A cruise on the longest river in the world is the best way to feel the pulse of Egypt. There are numerous cruises available for every budget.
- The Pyramids of Giza. For over 4000 years, there has been nothing in the world that compares to these structures. The pyramid’s millimetre-precise structure, has given rise to theories linking its origin to Gods, and even aliens. ( Tip: Make sure you go inside )
- The Cairo Jazz Club. This is a must-try for music lovers, simply because, the sound of jazz mixed with Egyptian folk, electronic and fusion music will take you to a musical heaven. Do not forget to book a table online in advance.
- Enjoy a meal at Abdu’s restaurant, Egypt’s longest running restaurant located in Siwa. There is a huge menu ranging from traditional dishes to pizzas.
- A visit to the small and spectacular, Agiba beach located in Marsa Matruh.