At holidayme, the safety and health of our customers is our top priority. This blog was published before the Coronavirus pandemic and is not encouraging our dear readers to travel during these uncertain times.
We request all our fellow travellers to stay at home and only travel when the world is Coronavirus-free. Hope our travel blogs continue to inspire you. Stay home, stay safe!
The list of reasons to visit France is endless! The world’s most visited country is blessed with stunning landscape comprising of Alpine mountains, beautiful meadows, farms, rivers and spectacular sea coast. France is the leading light in our planet’s culture, performing arts and gastronomy. It has given the world the idea of “liberty, equality and justice” along with several other cultural imports. Paris, its capital city, is filled with baroque palaces, art-nouveau architecture and spectacular public squares. Eiffel Tower continues to be the cultural symbol of France while the Champs Elysees remains the heart and soul of Paris.
However, Paris is not the only destination, move north and you will be greeted by beautiful meadows and D-Day beaches. Down south is filled with beautiful Mediterranean Sea coast and cities of Nice, Cannes, Marseilles, St. Tropez etc. Everywhere you move in France, geography changes and with it, changes the flavours of French cuisine. Cultural performances and art still dominates the country which is evident in the number of painters, poets and writers sharing the most beautiful spots with the tourists.
There are plenty of things to see and do in France which is blessed with diverse landscapes and geography. Starting from world class alpine resorts to stunning beaches of Saint Tropez, France is truly a world class destination!
Check out the top 10 reasons to visit France!
1. Glamorous citiesInstead of a person, how about falling in love with city itself when you visit Paris? If you’re a lover of art, cuisine, architecture or anything poetic- it’s very likely you’ll never want to leave Paris ever. Apart from the French capital, you definitely should not miss a visit to the best cities in France - Avignon, Nice, Bordeaux, Lyon, Nice, Cannes, Toulouse, Marseille!
2. Picturesque villagesDid you know that almost 80% of France is mostly countryside? French villages are not something you can easily overlook. From the gorgeous Mont-Saint-Michel, to the quiet Strasbourg, these are a few of the unique places to visit in France. Fresh home-made wines, delicious cheese and sweets and the warmth and hospitality of its people.
3. Spectacular beachesThe southern France is a place of a never-ending coastline, sandy beaches and a pleasant sun. From Monte-Carlo to Saint Tropez, to the famous Normandy – France has a beach for everyone. Why visit France? Still need more answers, read on!
4. Art, culture, and cinema
Check out: France Immortalised In 7 Iconic Paintings
5. French cuisineYou simply cannot go to France and not be awestruck by its delicious cuisine. All that you’ve heard about this country’s famous cuisine is correct. From its sauces, bread, steak tartare and pastries, to its mouth-watering cheese – one just can’t get enough of French food! Moreover, France is also well known for its quaint pavement cafes and bars to renowned Michelin starred restaurants of celebrity chefs.
6. Winter sports havenHome to some of the most exciting as well as varied skiing in the world, France has a level for everybody and highly trained professional instructors. The highest mountain in the Alps, Mont Blanc, is a paradise for hikers, climbers, and mountain-bikers.
7. Shoppers' Mecca
Out of the many reasons to visit France, shopping is definitely one of them! We all know that Paris is the one of the most sought-after fashion capitals in the world, which also makes it a very popular shopping destination. How could we possibly argue with that when the country is the birthplace of legends like Coco Chanel, Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix, and Yves Saint-Laurent? Your trip to France is incomplete without going on a shopping spree.
8. Captivating churchesEach year, million of tourists visit France to see Gothic churches and cathedrals dating back to centuries. France is home to many architecturally and historically significant churches; Notre-Dame, Sainte-Chapelle, The Abbey at Mont St-Michel - they are simply majestic, and are the best things to see in France. Visiting and exploring the famous churches is one of the reasons why France is so popular among avid travellers.
9. Fine wine
Some of the best wines the world has ever tasted belongs to France. The country produces between 50 and 60 million hectolitres (each hectolitre equals to 100 litres) of wine every year. Apart from the clichéd Champagne and Chardonnay, there are a plethora of other home-made French wines you must try as well.
10. Convenient location
Apart from sharing borders with eight other countries, France is only a short ferry ride away from the UK. So you could hop onto other destinations as well before or after visiting France.