Staycation is the latest trend in the travel and tourism industry. The idea of staying in a destination and exploring its delightful cultural offerings at a comfortable pace seems alluring especially for people looking to spend a weekend away with their families. Staycation is surely a novel concept, aimed for families to have a relaxing and yet memorable holiday. If hassle-free holidays, comfortable homestays and plenty of fun with your family is your preferred idea of a vacation, then you should be opting for a staycation in Dubai.
Dubai has earned a reputation for high-quality hospitality, delightful culinary spectrum, shopping extravaganza and plenty of interesting things to do in the city. Middle East’s most successful tourism destination has openly embraced the concept of staycation.
Check out top 10 things to do with your family during a staycation in Dubai.
1. Stay at one of the several top-class luxury resorts of DubaiHolidayMe Recommends:
- A stay at Burj al Arab hotel, the iconic landmark of Dubai city and experience its world-class hospitality.
- Atlantis, The Palm hotel is a self-sufficient entertainment resort and should be on top of your booking list.
- Another option is to stay at the Al Maha Desert Resort, part of the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and a picturesque oasis.
- A stay at the chic Armani Hotel Dubai, part of the world’s tallest building Burj Khalifa for a stylish and luxurious stay is also highly recommended.
2. Go on a shopping spreeTime your Dubai staycation with the famous Dubai Shopping Festival and indulge in a shopping spree with your family. HolidayMe Recommends:
- Check out the Gold Souk for the amazing variety of the precious metal.
- Mall of the Emirates is a place where you can shop from over 1000 brands stores.
- Check out Dubai Mall, the world’s largest shopping mall that also houses the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, along with the Dubai Fountain.
- For a more authentic and traditional shopping experience, visit the Madinat Jumeirah and take a stroll in its numerous winding alleys filled with spices, carpets, ornaments, handicrafts, etc.
3. Perfect the art of gastronomic diningDubai has become the melting pot of cuisines from all over the world. It has become the ultimate food destinations for Michelin star chefs and renowned dining establishments focused on delivering holistic dining experiences. HolidayMe Recommends:
- Reflets, a French cuisine restaurant operated by world renowned French chef Pierre Gagnaire.
- Pierchic offers a stunning setting with sprawling views of the Persian Gulf and delightful Mediterranean flavours.
- Nobu is a famed Japanese restaurant, part of the restaurant chain operated by renowned Japanese chef Noobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa.
- Top restaurants for experiencing local Emirati cuisine are Al Hadheerah, Al Muntaha, and Al Mahara.
4. Savour an authentic Emirati desert experienceDubai’s ochre coloured desert offers plenty of adventures and cultural experiences. HolidayMe Recommends:
- Take a camel safari especially during the sunset.
- Stay in a traditional Emirati desert camp and relish the delicious traditional Emirati delicacies. Enjoy a stay under the star-lit night around a campfire and listen to local tales and traditional Emirati instruments.
5. Sail on the timeless Dubai Creek
- Sailing in the timeless Dubai Creek. The area has the imprints of Dubai’s past and has witnessed the transformation of the city.
- Sail in a traditional Dhow boat during the sunset and enjoy a cultural show comprising of traditional Emirati music and delicious Emirati gastronomic delights.
- For a more sophisticated experience, opt for a swanky private yacht and hire a chef to serve you delicious meals.
6. Have fun with your kids at KidZania and SEGA RepublicTravelling with kids? HolidayMe Recommends:
- Spend some quality time at the KidZania, Legoland and SEGA Republic. The KidZania Dubai offer over 80 role-plays for kids including its own currency. Kids can get a taste of real-life professions like fireman, policeman, doctor, etc. Kids will also get currencies and will learn a great deal about saving and spending it wisely.
- SEGA Republic has 14 thrilling rides and over 150 arcade games plus five dedicated themed zones with plenty of interesting games and rides.
- Legoland Dubai is the latest addition to Dubai's attractions. This amazing theme park offers plenty of role plays, amazing rides and lots of activities.
7. Check out the world’s largest aquariumHolidayMe Recommends:
- Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is an exciting place to spend some quality time with your family. The world’s largest aquarium houses over 140 species of marine species. It has a stunning Aquarium Tunnel that offers an amazing insight into the water world. The other interesting activities include the likes of otter encounter, ray encounter, shark encounter, shark diving, cage snorkelling, fish feeding and bird feeding programmes, etc.
8. Enjoy indoor snow world in Dubai at Ski DubaiHolidayMe Recommends:
- Ski Dubai is the world’s most exotic indoor ski resort and snow resort. Covering an area of 3000 square meters, Ski Dubai offers plenty of activities like indoor skiing, snowmobile ride, toboggan rises, chair lifts, snow caves and snow theme parks for little kids and toddlers.
- Don’t forget to try sipping hot chocolate in minus four degrees at the in-house alpine cafe and catch a daily march of the Snow Penguins.
9. Experience a hot-air balloon ride over DubaiHolidayMe Recommends:
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the vast desert of Dubai and admire the vast sea of sand from a vantage point. You will explore the vast golden desert and variety of native animals like oryx, gazelle and camels at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reservation.
10. Enjoy a helicopter ride of Dubai skylineHolidayMe Recommends:
- Dubai’s skyline is best admired with a fascinating 15-minute helicopter tour that starts at Atlantis, The Palm and takes you over the famed Dubai coastline.
- The tour highlights the fascinating wonders of the city like the famous Burj Al Arab, Palm Jumeirah, Union Square, The Mall of the Emirates, Sheikh Zayed Road and the world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa.