15. Havasu Falls, USAHavasu Falls, located in USA’s Arizona region, comprises of one primary cascade dropping from a 90-feet vertical cliff. As it is not directly accessible by road, getting to the exact point can be difficult for some hikers. Before embarking on the hike to the falls, check the weather forecast of the area to avoid monsoon storms and flash floods.
14. Torc Falls, IrelandSituated in Ireland’s Killarney National Park, the Torc Waterfall is a 200-metre cascade popular among tourists and walkers. The waterfall is in its best form after a heavy rainfall. This is a regular stopping point for tourist buses during the summers, so, expect a lot of crowd then!
13. Skogafoss Falls, IcelandWhat are the two best things about the Skogafoss Falls? Firstly, it comes directly from two glaciers - Eyjafjallajokull and Myrdalsjokull. Secondly, it presents a rainbow on sunny days. On reaching the top of Skogafoss Falls, you can enjoy the mind-blowing vistas of southern Iceland’s shores. Visit this one of the top 15 most beautiful waterfalls in the world and fall in love with it.
Also Read: Most Scenic Train Journeys in the World
12. Detian Falls, China - VietnamDetian Falls is the planet’s second-widest and the continent’s widest waterfall! Lying along the borders of China and Vietnam, this beautiful cascade features water flowing from three rocky ledges. However, from November to April, the falls unite into a single unconquerable stream. For visitors, there are numerous cafes, restaurants, and souvenir shops nearby.
11. Gullfoss Waterfall, IcelandGullfoss Waterfall, translating into ‘Golden Falls’, descends in two stages: the first part is 11 meters long and the second part is 21 meters long. They meet the 2.5 km long Gullfossgjúfur canyon down below. Step into the Gullfoss Café nearby, serving a varied assortment of meals and refreshments.
10. Jog Falls, IndiaAlso known as Gersoppa Falls or ‘Jogada Gundi’, the Jog Falls is the second highest plunge waterfall in India. Head down the rocky steps and feel the misty waterfall sprays on your face. You can conveniently explore the Jog Falls and its surroundings in a day.
9. Dettifoss Falls, IcelandIceland’s Dettifoss Falls is reputed to be the most powerful waterfall of Europe. Nearly 500 cubic metres of water per second plummets from the edge. Dettifoss Falls can be reached by Route 862 and Route 864. Route 862 is created along the west bank of the river Jökulsá á Fjöllum and the Route 864 on the eastern side of the same river. Go for Route 862 as the latter one is a gravel road, suitable for 4WD vehicles only.
Also Read: 10 Most Beautiful Lakes in the World
8. Sutherland Falls, New ZealandOften perceived to be the tallest waterfall of New Zealand and one of the top 15 most beautiful waterfalls in the world, the Sutherland Falls lies within the Fiordland National Park. Finding its source in the snow-fed Lake Quill, the total drop of Sutherland Falls proves to be of 1,904 feet. You’ll have to take an extensive trek to see this marvel.
7. Yosemite Falls, USACalifornia’s Yosemite Falls, one of the highest waterfalls in North America, is a lovely cascade having an aggregate drop of 2,425 feet. It stops flowing by the late summer and fall seasons. There’s even a native legend associated with the Yosemite Falls – do find out about it once you’re there!
6. Plitvice Falls, CroatiaDiscoverable in the Plitvice Lakes National Park (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) featuring stunning lakes, gorgeous waterfalls, and deep woodland, are the highly-popular Plitvice Falls. They emerge from diversely-coloured lakes. In winters, the Plitvice Falls freezes completely, thus being a treat to the eyes.
5. Kaieteur Falls, GuyanaThis is the world’s biggest single drop waterfall as per the volume of water passing over it! Having a height of 822 feet, the Kaieteur Falls is four times higher than the Niagara Falls and nearly twice the height of Victoria Falls. Include this one of the top 15 most beautiful waterfalls of the world in your travel itinerary.
4. Angel Falls, VenezuelaThe Earth’s highest uninterrupted waterfall, the Angel Falls lies in the Canaima National Park (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) of the Bolivar State. It drops from a height of 979 meters off the summit of Auyantepui. Fun Fact: The Angel Falls is so spectacular that it inspired the setting of ‘Up’, a Disney animated film.
3. Niagara Falls, USAConsisting of three cascades viz. the Horseshoe Falls, the American Falls, and the Bridal Veil Falls, the Niagara Falls is a must-visit for tourists. It is globally-renowned for its exquisiteness and acts an essential source of hydroelectric power. The Niagara Falls witnesses maximum international travellers in the summer months.
2. Victoria Falls, Zambia - ZimbabweCalled by the indigenous tribe as ‘Mosi o Tuniya’ meaning ‘The Smoke that Thunders’, the Victoria Falls is an awe-inspiring waterfall originating from the Zambezi River. Its mighty sound can be heard from 40 kilometres away! In April, the water level is the highest, with an average of 500,000,000 litres of water flow.
1. Iguazu Falls, Argentina - Brazil
Tracked down by the Brazilian tribes long back, the Iguazu Falls was officially discovered by a European explorer named Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca. Its height ranges from 200 feet to 269 feet. Walkways have been developed to get closer to the Iguazu Falls and to have a better view of it.
Also Read: The Coolest Ice Hotels Around the World