When it comes to honeymoons, everyone’s taste is different. Some people simply want to enjoy a sip of cocktail lying on a gorgeous beach while some others want to indulge in fun water sports. Honeymoon is a great time for newlyweds to get to know each other better and spend the most romantic time of their lives together.
But for others, it’s all about taking your loved one on a first true adventure together as newlyweds. Few honeymooners opt for spending quality time at some adventurous destinations. Whatever the taste of honeymooners, Malaysia boasts of a plethora of destinations that cater to the adventure seeking couples. Browse through our honeymoon themes for more honeymoon inspiration and ideas. Here are the top 10 honeymoon destinations in Malaysia, if you want to have a crazy, thrilling honeymoon experience.
1. Mountain and countryside honeymoon – Cameron Highlands, Pahang
If you want to escape from scorching hot weather of the city and want to try something a little cooler, then Cameron Highlands in Malaysia is the perfect choice. Lush greenery, tea plantation, tall mountains, fragrant flowers and meandering rivers – admire the breath-taking scenery of Cameron Highlands as you take a long walk in the mountains with your sweetheart! Enjoy the sunset while enjoying a sip of a cup of coffee – take pleasure in these small delights that will give you a bright effect on your life. One of the top places to visit in Malaysia – Cameron Highlands will not disappoint you.
Things to do in Cameron Highlands
- Visit Bee farm, Butterfly farm, Boah tea plantations and strawberry farms.
- Take advantage of jungle trekking.
- Try Steamboat cuisine.
- Explore beautiful waterfalls and Cactus Valley.
- Visit the Time Tunnel museum.
- Stroll around the weekend night markets.
Also check: Cheap flights to Malaysia
2. Adventurous honeymoon in Malaysia – Borneo Island
Leave urban life behind and soak up the spectacular mountain vistas, kayak down scenic rivers, relax in a hot spring, walk through the lush jungles, encounter some flora and fauna, and admire the vibrant villages of beautiful Borneo. Adventure in Borneo is the most adventurously romantic thing one can do on their honeymoon in Malaysia. Dine with your loved one amidst the lush jungles or witness the wildlife of Borneo walking all around you. An adventurous honeymoon in Borneo will leave you with plenty of unforgettable memories. Rest said, Borneo is the best island in Malaysia for honeymoon!
Things to do on Borneo Island
- Relax on the picture-perfect island of Borneo.
- Visit Kinabalu National Park and get impressive aerial views from a canopy walk.
- Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the Danum Valley or meet wild orangutans.
- Climb the highest mountain of South East Asia – Mt Kinabalu.
- Unwind on one of its lush tropical islands.
- Explore the underwater world of Sipadan Island, which has the best dive spots in the world.
Also read: Top 10 things to do in Malaysia
3. Romantic getaway in Malaysia – Beach resort, Langkawi
Nothing compares to being isolated on one of the best beach resorts of the world in Langkawi with the love of your life! The Datai Langkawi is the best romantic beach resort for newlyweds, honeymooners, couples or those looking to escape their daily life. Set smoothly against a lush rainforest foliage amidst breath-taking views of tranquil Andaman Sea in the backdrop, this five-star beach resort in Langkawi offers complete privacy, top-notch luxuries such as a pampering massage, pristine private beaches, waterfront dinners or beach barbeques as well as private cruises for couples to experience the serenity of this place.
Things to do in Langkawi
- Savour the tranquillity of the place.
- Take a romantic stroll on the beach with your partner.
- Enjoy the beautiful sunset.
- Go island hopping.
- Snorkelling, wind surfing or kayaking on the shoreline
- Hiking through the jungles.
- Romantic candle light dinner.
4. Honeymoon spots in Malaysia – Malacca
The rustic charm of the city makes it one of the best honeymoon destinations in Malaysia for those who are interested in exploring the cultural and historical sites of the city. Even though, the city of Malacca is much focused on history, art and culture, honeymooners or couples can also find so many things to do for a relaxing break. Malacca – the historical city of Malaysia is a dream come true while history buffs, foodies and shopping lovers will find plethora to satisfy themselves.
Things to do in Malacca
- Visit art galleries and UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Shop till you drop at the Jonker Street.
- Board the Malacca River Cruise and witness mesmerising views.
- Visit the Old Dutch town hall, and a replica of the old Sultanate Palace.
- Explore churches, museums and the remains of the Old Portuguese fort.
5. Honeymoon spots in Malaysia – Taman Negara
From the bright lights of the city, now it’s time to escape to the ancient rain forest of Taman Negara. Dating back more than 130 million years, the Taman Negara is a natural wonder offering endemic flora and fauna and the fascinating indigenous tribes. The moment you arrive at Taman Negara, you will get mesmerized by the brightly coloured butterflies and its extraordinary wilderness. Undoubtedly it is the best place in Malaysia for honeymoon.
Things to do in Taman Negara
- Take a night walk in the jungle.
- Enjoy Rapid Shooting – one of the best activities in Taman Negara.
- Go on a limestone cave exploration at the Gua Telinga.
- Enjoy river rafting in the old tropical rain forest from Kuala Trenggan to Kuala Tahan.
- Walk along the Tahan River and enjoy the panoramic vistas spread across the landscape.