Best places to enjoy spring in Georgia, Europe
Nestled amidst the majestic Caucasus Mountains, Georgia is a beautiful country known for its splendid natural landscapes and unspoilt nature. Filled with scenic towns and quaint villages, Georgia boasts of beautiful hill stations, stunning Black Sea coast resort towns, and plenty of adventure sports. Low cost and a lesser number of tourists during the spring months make it one of the best value-for-money and cheap getaways in Europe. Check out a few amazing places to visit during the charming spring season in Georgia.
1. Enjoy the pleasant spring season in Tbilisi, GeorgiaThe beautiful capital city of Tbilisi is known for its rich architecture and cultural heritage. Tbilisi's weather in spring is mild and pleasant, allowing a comfortable sightseeing exploration of the city. Walk through the narrow cobbled stone lanes of Old Town, visit the majestic Narikala Fortress, take the funicular railway to Mtatsminda, and walk along the Rustaveli Avenue known for several important cultural buildings, cafes, restaurants, and shops. Another beautiful place to see the full bloom of spring is Turtle Lake (Kus Tba) that's on the northern slope of Mt. Mtatsminda, on the outskirts of Tbilisi. You can take a taxi to reach the lake, take a cable car or trek up the hill from Vake Park. The hike up will gift you with amazing views! And the lake is surrounded by cozy cafes where you can enjoy a steaming coffee as you relax! Spring time in Tbilisi is also a good time to unwind at the National Botanical Garden of Georgia, a spectacular garden that blooms at its best in April. Another major event during the spring in Tbilisi is the annual New Wine Festival in May. The event celebrates the fine quality freshly-brewed Georgian wines and farm produces. Tbilisi in spring is one of the best places to visit in Georgia! READ MORE: What To Do In Tbilisi In 2 Days?
2. Visit the ancient capital of Georgia - MtskhetaTake a day tour to Mtskheta from Tbilisi and get a chance to admire the highly scenic landscapes of Georgia on the way. The historic city of Mtskheta is one of the oldest cities in Georgia and used to be the ancient capital of the first Georgian Empire. Today, Mtskheta is a protected UNESCO World Heritage Site known for historic churches and monasteries. Visit the famous Anannuri Fortress, Zhinvali Reservoir, Jvari Monastery, Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Gergeti Trinity Church, and don't forget to try some authentic Georgian food. A highly recommended tour especially during the spring in Georgia. READ MORE: Interesting Fun Facts About Georgia, Europe
3. Visit the Black Sea resort city of Georgia - BatumiThe second-largest Georgian city of Batumi lies on the coast of Black Sea in the country's southwest. This stylish city is a highly popular summer destination in Georgia and has a thriving gaming industry. Known as the "The Las Vegas of the Black Sea", Batumi in spring is peaceful, pleasant, and completely free of the summer tourist crowd. Don't forget to take a ride in the Argo Cable Car that offers sprawling views of Batumi. Take a stroll along the Batumi Boulevard, see the picture-perfect Batumi Botanical Gardens and plenty of iconic architecture and attractions. Batumi is a delightful destination to visit during spring in Georgia. READ MORE: Is Georgia In Europe Safe To Travel?
4. Explore Georgia's famous wine producing region - KakhetiKakheti region of Georgia is famous for amazing landscapes and the fabled tradition of winemaking. The region is blessed with scenic towns, villages, and important historic attractions. Kakheti's capital - Telavi is one of the oldest cities in the region. The romantic town of Sighnaghi is a dream destination for photographers. The region's key highlights also include the David Gareja monastery complex, Bodbe Monastery - the shrine of Saint Nino and several churches like Alaverdi Cathedral, Nekresi Monastery, and Gremi Monastery. The scenic region of Kakheti is certainly among the best cheap getaways in Europe. READ MORE: This Is Why Honeymoon In Georgia Is Best For You!
5. Visit Georgia's world-famous resort in spring - BorjomiBorjomi is a very famous resort town of Georgia. Part of the Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park, it's known for its mineral water springs. Borjomi's mineral springs have made it a highly popular destination among the domestic as well as international tourists. Borjomi has a wonderful summer palace of the Romanov dynasty of Russia and has a wonderful natural park is perfect for a day excursion. Borjomi during the Georgian springs are still free of heavy tourism crowd and therefore, is among the best value-for-money and cheap European vacations. READ MORE: Caucasian Gem: Best Tourist Attractions In Georgia, Europe!
6. Bateti Lake - A magical lake in Georgia
Camping on the northern bank of this beautiful lake will be the best experience of your life. Surrounded by rain-forest slopes, fresh spring water and fallen leaves - Bateti Lake is somewhat of a teen fairy-tale place waiting to be explored! The Lake seems even magical during the autumn season as the foliage turns into shades of fall colours. One can also enjoy hiking in Dzama Gorge and visit it's old Karmeli Monastery and see the Mzovreti Castle.READ MORE: Things To Do In Georgia, Europe
7. Trinity Hill - a mysterious place in Georgia
Popular belief holds Trinity Hill as the most mysterious place in Georgia. This mysterious place has a village known as 'chkhikvta' which translates to the ‘village of jays’ in English. Amidst the village is Trinity Hill, and a fortress built with giant boulders. The mystery is how and from where these boulders were brought to the hill for the construction of the fortress. There are no boulders seen in the vicinity and there is no explanation of these giant boulders' discovery.