Philippines is a tropical heaven filled with secluded and serene islands and stunning landscapes comprising of turquoise blue sea, white sand beaches, green rain forests and clear blue skies. Separated from mainland Asia, Philippines has a highly cosmopolitan outlook which is evident in its amazing festivals, rich cuisines and cultures. World class resorts based on ecological tourism are renowned for offering a holistic relaxation experience during holidays in Philippines. Island hoping, scuba diving, water sports and famed nightlife plays a key role in the country’s tourism. There are plenty of reasons to book your flights to Philippines.
Check out the top reasons to visit Philippines!
1. The landscapeIncredible beaches, lush green forests, majestic mountains; no words can truly do justice to describe beauty of this place. Chocolate Hills, El Nido, Puerto Princesa Underground River, Mount Pinatubo Crater Lake, Mayon Volcano, Daraga, Albay are few gems that should not be missed.
2. Stunning beaches and resorts
A wonderful tropical paradise, Philippines is blessed with beautiful coves, lagoons and white sand beaches of powdery sand. Its pristine beaches are secluded, serene and filled with lush green coconut grooves amidst turquoise or emerald blue waters of sea. World-class resorts based on eco-tourism and sustainable development ensures an amazing experience in Philippines.
3. Lip-smacking cuisine
Philippines has a rich cuisine to boast of, which is a result of its cultural infusion of different communities. Spanish and American influence is widely visible on Filipino cuisine while elements of Chinese, Malayan and Indonesian cuisine are also widely available throughout the length and breadth of the country.
4. Friendly vibes and peopleDinner at a native’s place, a fun-filled karaoke session or simply discussing life situations with kids on beach, what seems like a far-fetched idea in foreign lands, is a reality in Philippines. One of the warmest and kindest people in the world, Filipinos faces are characterized with a trademark smile. Always.
5. Massage and rejuvenation
You could not come to Philippines and not pamper yourself with some rejuvenating massages. From luxury spas to massage ladies on beach, the choice in terms of budget and convenience is huge.
6. Shopping unlimited
Hand Crafted Products, Shoes and Bags, Woodcarving, Embroidery, there is so much to buy at Philippines that you might run out money and energy but not items to buy. Explore the larger-than-life malls of Manila or indulge in some street side shopping in any of local market, the choice is yours.
7. Balmy WeatherEvery traveller’s dream, this place is one of the few places in the world that doesn't swings between extreme temperatures i.e.. it is never too hot or too cold in here. The average temperature of Philippines is about 26.6 degree Celsius, ideal for all fun activities.
8. No language barrierAstonishingly, 90% of Filipino population speaks and understands the global language, English. This is very comforting and time saving to say a least.
9. Mega citiesPhilippines has several megapolis, result of its democracy and colonial rule by Spanish and Americans. Cities like Manila, Cebu, Davao and Quezon City are are filled with shopping malls, nightlife, markets, popular attractions, hotels, etc. Also read: 6 Magnificent Places To Visit In Cebu, Philippines
10. Best of wines
Local beer at about 50 cents and local rum at 1.5 dollars, can it get any cheaper than this? While people may go gaga about striking natural beauty of Philippines, or the great shopping scene, but saving a good amount of alcohol is also one of the perks of travelling to Philippines.