Lying amidst the Hajjar Mountains and the majestic Arabian Gulf, Ras Al Khaimah is one of the most beautiful and quaint emirates of the UAE. Combining rich heritage with a laid-back vibe, Ras Al Khaimah is the ideal destination for those seeking a weekend getaway in the UAE. This rising emirate boasts of sandy deserts, beautiful mountains and lush greenery dotted with a series of lagoons and creeks giving us enough options when the question arises – what are the top things to do in Ras Al Khaimah?
Ras Al Khaimah offers rich cultural heritage, diverse landscapes and a temperate climate making it a great escape for quality value adventure, leisure travel and business trips. With its stunning 40 kilometer coastline along with the rugged terrain of Hajjar Mountains in Oman, Ras Al Khaimah has loads of things to do which is more than enough to justify a gratifying tour.
Apart from its historical attractions, the Emirate also presents an extensive range of exclusive outdoor and leisure activities from biking to mountain climbing to fishing to kayaking and to golfing. There are many tourist attractions to visit around this fascinating city, and we bring to you things you can’t afford to miss in Ras Al Khaimah
Top Things to Do in Ras al Khaimah
Historical sites in Ras Al Khaimah
- National Museum of Ras Al Khaimah For history lovers, the National Museum is a must-visit attraction in Ras Al Khaimah. The National Museum of Ras Al Khaimah tells the story of the ancient city through its rare artifacts and fascinating exhibits. The museum is one of the few museums in the world that has been continuously inhabited over 7,000 years. The exhibits display the archaeology, city’s natural history, and mainly the ethnography since prehistoric times. Don’t miss this beautiful museom of Ras Al Khaimah anyhow!
- Dhayah Fort Dating back to the 16th century, the Dhayah Fort is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Ras Al Khaimah. The country’s only hilltop fortification, this graceful fort is constructed out of mud bricks. Today the fort is famed as one of the most significant landmarks in the history of the UAE. During the battle between the locals and Britishers in 1819, most of the building including the tower of the fort were ruined. Later, it became the residence of the ruling family and was then converted into a prison. From the top, visitors can enjoy the enthralling views of the majestic Hajjar Mountains and the Arabian Gulf.
Outdoor activities in Ras Al Khaimah
- Go for a Mountain Safari in the Hajjar Mountains A mountain safari in the Hajjar Mountains is an incredible way to explore the true charm of Arabian Desert and don’t forget to enjoy the most scenic drive along the foothills of the mountains. For the outdoor enthusiasts, the Hajjar Mountains provides a wide variety of mountain activities such as mountain biking, rock climbing, abseiling, hill walking and mountaineering. “Wadi Descent” is a special experience, where adventure lovers are able to enjoy the natural flow and excitement of traversing through the narrow waterways amongst the mountains.
- Participate in Thrilling Activities of the Iceland Waterpark Let’s freeze the desert! A perfect escape from the scorching heat of the city, the Iceland Water Park in Ras Al Khaimah is an ideal family entertainment destination for visitors of all ages. The water park provides some of the most thrilling adventure activities like the Penguin Falls, Mount Cyclone, Mount Attack, Pengu Pool, and Coral Isle. Also Kids Cove, Fun Bucket, Rock Hoppers and Polar Games for kids ensure that the entire family has a fun outing.
- Bring Your Kid to the Saqr Park One of the most popular family weekend destinations, Saqr Park is the first amusement park opened in the Ras Al Khaimah. Besides its lush greenery, the Saqr Park is an ideal way to bring your kids for some exciting outdoor activities, where you can enjoy everything from big splash ride to roller coasters, from electronic car hails to indoor tennis court. The park offers a full day of enjoyment and fun for the families.
- Beaches in Ras Al Khaimah for Enjoying True Peacefulness The white sand beaches of Ras Al Kahimah wins the hearts of tourists quite easily! You can relax and admire the magical scenery around you. Countless luxury resorts and hotels have come into existence around them, urging the property guests to take the fullest benefit of having fun in the ‘private beach’. Exciting activities such as snorkelling and diving are conducted extensively for those interested. You may not be aware but Ras al Khaimah is believed to be one of the best emirates for such activities.
Also Check: Cheap flights to Ras Al Khaimah
Desert Safaris in Ras Al Khaimah
- Dune bashing in Bassata Desert Village There is a child in all of us! Amidst the beautiful landscape of the natural reserve, the desert offers a truly Arabian experience. The Bassata Desert Village in Al Wadi gives you an insight into the traditional Arabian Desert life of the earlier days. For adventure lovers, the village offers dune bashing, camel riding or sand skiing. Those who are looking for something traditional, can enjoy belly dancing, henna designing, Tanorah dancing and a sumptuous BBQ dinner.
- Have a Romantic Dinner while Enjoying the Bedouin Oasis Desert Camp Experience the tranquility and peace of overnight desert camping in the Bedouin style. Enjoy dinner in a recreated Bedouin Oasis Desert Camp, lit by lanterns and candles, which certainly has the ring of romance to it. This is a one of its kind authentic desert camping experience, which reflects the lifestyle of the Bedous (nomadic tribes). Just an hour’s drive from Dubai, camping in this desert offers a campfire, smoking shisha, BBQ dinner and a place where you can sleep under the stars.
Tourist Attractions in Ras Al Khaimah
- Khatt Hot Springs Travel along the majestic Hajjar Mountain range, where you will find a real oasis that blooms between the barren desert and the azure bay. A perfect place for the tourists to rejuvenate and relax in a natural atmosphere, the Golden Tulip Khatt Springs Resort & Spa offers numerous amenities including private hot pools, Ayurvedic spa treatments and hot stone massage.
- Falcon Show in Banyan Tree Al Wadi Learn to hunt using falcons. One of the most famous traditions in the UAE, raising falcons is a unique falcon show with most interactive and diverse display of falcons, owls, hawks, eagles or kestrels in the Middle East’s first desert and spa resort – the Banyan Tree Al wadi. The resort offers a unique opportunity for their guests to take part in the 2,000 years old tradition.
Want to know more about Ras al-Khaimah? Click here!