In a world full of distractions, Seychelles is a welcome change for the sore-eyed travelers. This beautiful archipelago, lying on the east coast of Africa, and surrounded by the great Indian ocean on all sides, offers a very different realm altogether. A world, whose natural beauty is serene enough to bring back your lost peace of mind. Doesn’t Seychelles sound like the perfect country to visit in 2018?
The fact that tourism in Seychelles Islands is thriving, is because of the vast number of things one can do – scenic locations to explore, perfect blue water to swim in and beautiful vistas to visit.
Although this beautiful archipelago of more than 100 islands greets every tourist warmly, its shares a very special relation with honeymooning couples. The most famous example remains of Prince Williams and Princess Kate, who chose these islands as their honeymoon destination!
So now that you know about these beautiful islands, and are raring to visit them, here are some of the top highlights that you might want to check out!
HolidayMe recommendation: Top things to do in Seychelles
1. Relax and enjoy the unparalleled views from one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, Anse Lazio located in Praslin Islands. The sublime beauty of the beach cannot be recommended enough!
2. Dive in to the turquoise blue water and experience the vivid underwater beauty of the world’s second largest coral atoll, the Aldabra. In a testament to the extremely rich natural diversity of the region, David Attenborough the famous broadcaster calls the region “One of the wonders of the world”.
3. For those who want to get a taste for their very own island adventure, follow the beautiful Dans Gallas trail on the Mahe Island. Hikers are rewarded by jaw-dropping views of the entire North Mahe on top of the trail.
4. Attend the Seychelles Ocean Festival – a festival reinvented from the 20-year-long running legendary SUBIOS festival from 2nd to 9th December at Mahe. Here you will enjoy fun contests, fun surf movies, adventurous sailing and surfing activities and many other fun games.
5. Join the locals in celebrating the ‘Festival Kreol’, the most important cultural event of the year in Seychelles. Starting from 23 October, you can experience the authentic sounds, flavors, colors of the local Creole culture at this festival.
6. Relax, sit back, sip a warm cup of tea, and enjoy the views from the most famous vantage point of Seychelles, at the Mission Lodge, Mahe.
7. Go back in time by visiting the small, quaint village of La Passe, located on the island of La Digue. Ride a bike through the tree-lined boulevards of the village and get a feel of its timeless essence.
Cannot miss: A visit to the Vallee de Mai Nature Reserve, a UNESCO Heritage Site, home to some of the most exotic birds, animals, fruits, and plants in the world.
Top Nightclubs in Seychelles
1. Katiolo – quite simply the hippest and most popular club in Seychelles.
2. Tequila Boom – a venue where foot-tapping local music will make you dance into the night.
3. Tarosa – the club you want to go to, if you want to dance with the locals.
Top Restaurants in Seychelles
1. Marie-Antoinette for feasting on delectable ‘Seychellois-special’ sea-food dinner in a mansion. This is an experience you cannot miss.
2. Café des Arts for taking the experience of eating at a restaurant to a whole new level. The candles, the breeze, and the paintings are a delight in themselves, and set the mood for a romantic evening, just right!
3. Boat House for the best Creole food in the region. With over 20 scrumptious dishes on offer, you’ll be coming back for more, till you have them all.
How is Seychelles Climate? (Including information on Seychelles in November, December & January)
Apart from the other worldly visuals, what makes Seychelles so attractive is the great weather present all around the year. Being a tropical country, Seychelles has the typical tropical weather which means good news for those who like a little sun along with their stunning and pretty beaches. The temperature always remains in the pleasant range of 24°C – 32°C.