In a world full of distractions, Seychelles is a welcome change for the sore-eyed travelers. This beautiful archipelago, lying on the east coast of Africa, and surrounded by the great Indian ocean on all sides, offers a very different realm altogether… A world where natural beauty is serene enough to bring back your lost peace of mind. Doesn’t spending the new year in Seychelles sound like the perfect thing to do?!
This gorgeous archipelago is made up of more than 100 islands and it greets every tourist warmly. The fact that tourism in Seychelles Islands is thriving, is because of the vast number of things one can do – scenic locations to explore, perfect blue water to swim in and beautiful vistas to visit.
Top things to do in Seychelles during the New Year 2020
1. Relax and enjoy the unparalleled views from one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, Anse Lazio located in Praslin Islands. The sublime beauty of the beach cannot be recommended enough!
2. Ring in your Seychelles new year in style at The Raffles Seychelles. They have a beautiful New Year’s Eve planned – multicuisine buffet including Creole-style dishes followed by a luminous Full Moon Party full of live music, magician’s performance and dazzling fireworks!
3. Dive in to the turquoise blue water and experience the vivid underwater beauty of the world’s second largest coral atoll, the Aldabra. In a testament to the extremely rich natural diversity of the region, David Attenborough the famous broadcaster calls the region “One of the wonders of the world”.
4. For those who want to get a taste for their very own island adventure, follow the beautiful Dans Gallas trail on the Mahe Island. Hikers are rewarded by jaw-dropping views of the entire North Mahe on top of the trail.
Already tempted to visit Seychelles? Check out the best 4-day Seychelles itinerary, as experienced by one of holidayme’s travel writers!
5. A memorable Seychelles New Year’s Eve has been planned by the Kempinski Seychelles Resort. The grand hotel is hosting a Masquerade Gala Dinner with the dress code of Masked Elegance. The dinner will include soul satisfying food, cocktails and live entertainment acts.
6. Start your new year in Seychelles with some shopping! The Bazaar Labrin, one of the most popular flea markets in Seychelles, takes place every Wednesday (which happens to be 1st January 2020!) from early afternoon till late evening at the Beau Vallon beach.
7. The Savoy Resort and Spa is having a special ‘Winter Holidays in Seychelles’ offer. 5 days of fun and festivities – from Christmas dinner to New Year’s Eve dinner, this offer covers it all!
8. Relax, sit back, sip a warm cup of tea, and enjoy the views from the most famous vantage point of Seychelles, at the Mission Lodge, Mahe.
9. Go back in time by visiting the small, quaint village of La Passe, located on the island of La Digue. Ride a bike through the tree-lined boulevards of the village and get a feel of its timeless essence.
Cannot miss: A visit to the Vallee de Mai Nature Reserve, a UNESCO Heritage Site, home to some of the most exotic birds, animals, fruits, and plants in the world.
Top Nightclubs in Seychelles
1. Katiolo – quite simply the hippest and most popular club in Seychelles.
2. Tequila Boom – a venue where foot-tapping local music will make you dance into the night.
3. Tarosa – the club you want to go to, if you want to dance with the locals.
Top Restaurants in Seychelles for New Year’s Eve
1. Marie Antoinette for feasting on delectable ‘Seychellois-special’ sea-food dinner in a mansion. This is an experience you cannot miss.
2. Café des Arts for taking the experience of eating at a restaurant to a whole new level. The candles, the breeze, and the paintings are a delight in themselves, and set the mood for a romantic evening, just right!
3. Boat House for the best Creole food in the region. With over 20 scrumptious dishes on offer, you’ll be coming back for more, till you have them all.
New Year in Seychelles – Climate (Including information on Seychelles in November, December & January)
Apart from the other worldly visuals, what makes Seychelles so attractive is the great weather present all around the year. Being a tropical country, Seychelles has the typical tropical weather which means good news for those who like a little sun along with their stunning and pretty beaches. The temperature always remains in the pleasant range of 24°C – 32°C. Perfect for the vivacious celebartion of the new year in Seychelles!