Best Tourist Attractions in Georgia
There is always something mysterious, adventurous, and fascinating about visiting a lesser-known tourist destination! Set out on an offbeat path and visit Georgia, a magical country nestled between the magnificent Caucasus Mountains and the Black Sea. Packed with charming towns, mouth-watering cuisine, world-famous wine, extraordinary historical landmarks, beautiful churches and monasteries, there are endless things to do in Georgia, Europe. Here is a list of some stunning tourist attractions in Georgia that you cannot miss out on.
1. Narikala Fortress - Best of Georgia Tourist Spots
While deciding on the major Georgia tourist spots, Narikala Fortress is one of the first landmarks that comes to mind. A coveted Georgia tourist attraction, Narikala Fortress is a famous 4th century fortress located in Tbilisi. Built by the Persians, the fortress gives out unprecedented views of old Tbilisi and the shimmering Mtkvari River.
2. Mount Kazbek - Best Georgia Attractions
Out of the famous attractions in Georgia, Mount Kazbek is one that cannot be avoided – especially if you’re a hiking enthusiast and if you’re looking to soak in the gorgeous mountainous scenery of Georgia. A part of the Caucasus Mountains, Mount Kazbek is one of the highest mountains in the region, and offers breath-taking panoramic vistas to hikers and climbers.
3. Uplistsikhe - Top Georgia Tourist Spots
One of the most unique places to see in Georgia, Europe, Uplistsikhe is one of the country’s most extraordinary cave cities. Also known to be Georgia’s oldest complex of natural caves, feel like an explorer as you discover Uplistsikhe’s stunning rock-hewn cellars, tunnels, places of sacrifice, and more. This is surely one of the best Georgia tourist spots!
4. Russia–Georgia Friendship MonumentPerched on a cliff, along the Georgian Military Highway between Georgia's famous ski resort of Gudauri and the Jvari Pass, this is a gorgeous monument overlooking the Caucasus mountains. Built in 1983, this cylindrical monument commemorates the friendship between Georgia and Russia. The monument is made of concrete and stone, and features massive tiled murals on the inside wall, depicting scenes from Russian and Georgian history.
5. Gergeti Trinity Church - Amazing Georgia Tourist SpotsWhile making your itinerary of things to see in Georgia, ensure you don’t miss out on adding the breath-taking Gergeti Trinity Church. Unlike any church that you’ve seen in your life before, the Gergeti Trinity Church is perched dramatically on hilltop below Mt Kazbegi, at a height of 2160 meters above sea level! Built in the 14th century, the church boasts of the Caucasus Mountains in the backdrop, which makes it one of the best tourist attractions in Georgia.
6. Mtskheta - Stunning Georgia Attractions
You haven’t really witnessed the soul of Georgia, until you visit one of its oldest towns – Mtskheta. A must-see Georgia tourist spot, Mtskheta is a UNESCO World Heritage site, and is considered the spiritual heart of Georgia. A major booster of Georgia Tbilisi tourism, Mtskheta reeks of history with some extraordinary landmarks such as Jvari Monatery, St Nino Monastery, Armazi Fortress, as well as stunning churches such as the Svetitskhoveli Cathedral. Mtskheta is definitely one of the best places to visit in Georgia.
7. Tbilisi - Amazing Capital City of Georgia
No list of cities to visit in Georgia can start without the mention of Tbilisi. Hands down, one of the best cities to visit in Georgia, Tbilisi is the supreme jewel of Georgia, showcasing the country’s history, culture, and architecture, impeccably. The capital city of Georgia, Tbilisi brims with an idyllic concoction of modern infrastructure, alongwith quaint cobblestone alleys, charming courtyards, and rustic houses. Be it exotic markets, ancient fortresses, or sublime churches, there is no shortage of amazing attractions in Tbilisi.
Also read: 7 Amazing Things To Do In Tbilisi
8. Batumi - Classic Resort City of Georgia
An ultimate seaside resort town of Georgia, there are an array of things to do in Batumi. There are a plethora of Batumi attractions which you need to check out if you are planning to visit this vibrant sea-side town. If you’re wondering what to do in Batumi; right from shops to restaurants, to sea-facing bars, a unique pebbled beach, and sparkling promenade, there are plenty of things to do in Batumi. Batumi is definitely one of the most coveted tourist attractions in Georgia.
9. Vardzia - Historic Georgia Tourist Spot
Nothing to beat a fantastic day-out in the Georgian mountains! Yet another major attraction in Georgia, Vardzia is a fascinating 12th century monastery or cave city tucked away inside the Georgian mountains. Accessible by a 30-minute steep climb, the monastery is home to a network of mysterious tunnels and rooms that run deep into the Erusheli Mountain. If you love history and a bit of adventure, don’t miss out on this incredible Georgia tourist attraction.