All You Need To Know About Trekking in the Ala Archa National Park, Kyrgyzstan
About The Ala Archa National ParkSpread across an area of approximately 200 square kilometers, the Ala Archa National Park is the most visited place in all of Kyrgyzstan! With a name that means 'bright and colourful Juniper (trees)', this national park's snow-covered peaks, forested slopes, bustling rivers and cute alpine wildlife attracts nature lovers, trekkers and mountaineers. The altitude in the Ala Archa National Park ranges from approximately 4900 feet (at the entrance) to 16,000 feet (at Semenova Tian-Shanski which is the highest peak in the mountain range)
Hiking Trails in the Ala Archa National ParkThere are several trekking and hiking trails within the Ala Archa National Park.
- The Ala Archa Valley walk takes approximately 6 to 8 hours to complete and is a relatively easy hike. This one is popular with most of the tourists and trekkers.
- The Andygene Gorge hike is a moderate one as far as difficulty level is concerned. It is not properly marked, hence, please go with someone who knows the terrain.
- Ak-Say Canyon trek is popular with trekkers who want to test their limits! A tough one, the Ak-Say Canyon trek is generally covered in snow all year round.
- The Golubina glacier trek is a tough one and needs proper mountaineering equipment and clothing.
- Apart from these, the others trek routes in the Ala Archa National Park include the Ak Sai waterfall trek, the Ratsek base camp trek, the Uchitel peak trek and plenty more.