Turkey continues to be one of the world’s most visited countries. In 2017, around 32 million tourists arrived in Turkey, making it among the most visited countries in the world. Since 2017, Turkey is increasingly focusing on “Halal Tourism”, attracting plenty of tourists from the Islamic countries along with non-Islamic countries. Turkey Visa is easy and hassle-free, which are ideal for tourists to apply and visit the country. Citizens of some countries are eligible to visit Turkey with out visa while some countries do have the options of applying e-visa. Check out the various Turkey visa requirements and policies on this complete Turkey visa guide. READ MORE:10 Hidden Gems of Turkey
At holidayme, the safety and health of our customers is our top priority. This blog was published before the Coronavirus pandemic and is not encouraging our dear readers to travel during these uncertain times.
We request all our fellow travellers to stay at home and only travel when the world is Coronavirus-free. Hope our travel blogs continue to inspire you. Stay home, stay safe!
Turkey Visa TypesTurkey Visa is a mandatory document required to travel and enter the country for the sole purpose of travel and tourism. Turkish visas are issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Turkey and its subsequent embassies and diplomatic missions all over the world. As of 2018, Turkey offers visa-free entry to around 78 countries and territories. Turkey free e-Visa facility further extends to around 42 countries and territories. Turkey also offers e-Visa with certain conditions and Sticker visas for citizens of some countries. READ MORE: Top things to do in Turkey
Visa-free entryTurkey allows visa-free entry to the citizens of 78 countries and territories. The stay durations valid for visa-free entry are 90 days, 60 days, and 30 days. A valid passport or identity card is enough to stay in Turkey for 90 days without visa during a 6-month (180 days) period. READ MORE: Best time to visit Turkey
Visa-free stay for 90 daysCitizens of Argentina, Brazil, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, New Zealand, Qatar, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, and Switzerland are among the countries that are covered under visa free stay for 90 days.
Visa-free stay for 60 daysRussian passport holders can enter and stay in Turkey without visa for up to 60 days. However, this arrangement is not valid for Russian journalists and Russian service passport holders.
Visa-free stay for 30 daysCitizens of the following countries can enter Turkey without visa and stay for 30 days – Azerbaijan, Belarus, Costa Rica, Latvia, Mongolia, Macao, Thailand, and Turkmenistan.
* Holders of United Nations laissez-passer don’t need visa to enter Turkey.
Turkey e-Visa - www.evisa.gov.tr
Free e-VisaHolders of passports of around 42 listed countries are eligible to get free Turkey e-Visa online prior to their arrival in Turkey. These free e-visas grant a stay between 30 days to 90 days, depending on the nationality. Countries covered under free e-Visa scheme are Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, China, Indonesia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States of America. READ MORE: 4 Reasons why Visiting Turkey in Winter is the Best Idea!
Conditional e-VisaCitizens of few countries and territories are eligible to apply for single-entry e-Visa or e-Visa on arrival at Istanbul Ataturk Airport. They can only stay for a period of 30 days in Turkey. Residents of Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Egypt, Ghana, India, Iraq, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and Yemen are among the list. Travellers holding passport these countries will have to meet certain conditions set by Turkey. These are as follows: -
- All nationalities must have a valid visa or residence permits from one of the Schengen area, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
- All citizens must travel with one of the airlines that has protocols with the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. These airlines are AtlasGlobal, Onur Air, Pegasus Airlines, and Turkish Airlines. Citizens of Egypt can also use EgyptAir to Turkey. (Citizens of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Philippines are exempted from this rule.)
- Visitors must hold a valid hotel reservation, return flight tickets and adequate financial budget of around 50 USD per day for the entire duration of stay.
- Documents and conditions tend to change and vary as per nationalities. It’s highly recommended to check with the nearest Turkish diplomatic missions.
Sticker visaResidents of the following countries and territories must obtain a sticker-type visa at one of the Turkish diplomatic missions. These countries are Algeria, Cuba, Myanmar, North Korea, Syria, and the island nations of Oceania region.
How to apply for Turkey e-VisaTurkey offers e-Visa facilities through their official website - www.evisa.gov.tr. It’s a very simple, 3-step process to apply online for Turkey e-Visa. Step 1: Travellers have to log in to the official Electronic Visa Application System of Turkey - https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/ Step 2: Click on the “Apply” button and fill up the form by selecting your nationality, expected arrival date, passengers’ details, including names, passport details, mobile number, email, address. Step 2: Make the payment of e-Visa fees. There are two modes available – normal and urgent. Normal processing takes around 3 days while the Urgent mode process is within 1 hour. Step 4: Post payment, you will get a confirmation and a link to download your Turkey e-Visa. READ MORE: Tripping on Turkish Food – 15 Insanely Delicious Turkish Recipes You Need to Try Out Now!
Documents required for Turkey Visa
- A valid passport of at least six months validity before the passport expiry date. Make sure to have at least 2 pages empty to get your visa and date stamped.
- Some nationalities have to submit additional proofs in the form of national identity cards.
- Proof of funds, medical insurance, hotel and flight booking confirmation are also required for citizens of few selected countries.
- Check your eligibility and list of documents at your nearest Turkish diplomatic missions before applying for Turkey visa. Documents tend to vary depending on the nationalities.