Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and you must have already racked your brains, in order to come up with some out-of-the-box ideas to spend the perfect Valentine’s day in Dubai with your partner!
With so many options out there and so many romantic places in Dubai, zeroing on one perfect idea is a quite a task. Worry not, if you are in Dubai for Valentines, just check the exciting activities listed here, and you’re bound to find one that will suit the adventure-seeker, the foodie, or the romantic in you. If nothing else, these activities are guaranteed to make your day a memorable one!
1. Idea for “Valentine’s Day Dubai”: Italian opera & dinner on a cruise ship!
What can be more romantic than a candlelight dinner, under the blanket of a thousand twinkling stars, mixed with the heavenly voices of Italian opera? The magnificent ocean liner, Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) will be playing host to couples in search of surreal romance, this Valentine’s Day. Your evening will be set against Dubai’s glamorous skyline; a delectable three-course meal and the serenading voices of opera duo, Antonio Perez Iranzi and Fiona Tanner Baldwin will make your evening a memorable one! Starting time: 8 p.m. Typical time: 3 hours Location: Mina Rashid, Dubai Approximate Cost: AED 395 per person with soft beverages and AED 495 per person with house beverages. Holidayme Tip: To not miss out on the most romantic evening in Dubai, make your reservations ASAP!View this post on Instagram
2. Idea for “Valentine’s Day Dubai”: An unforgettable evening with free delicious food!Don’t have a huge budget but want to impress your significant other with an evening to remember? Well, on the 14th of February, the Cassells Al Barsha Hotel will be offering a free dinner buffet for couples. The only condition? You need to be born in the same month as each other! That’s it! Starting time: 7 p.m. Typical time: 4.30 hours Location: Sheikh Zayed Rd - Dubai Approximate Cost: Free for partners born in the same month. AED 150 per couple for those who don’t share the same birth month. Holidayme Tip: Don’t forget to carry your IDs as proof of date of birth.
3. Idea for "Valentine’s Day Dubai": Road Trip From DubaiThe fact that Valentines day Dubai 2020 is falling on a weekend really is a blessing in disguise. The roads are free of traffic, making it easy to go zip-zap-zoom with your partner to nearby places. Whether you are a UAE resident or not, you must have read a lot about its world-class roads, and driving your vehicle on them is a sheer luxury.
Some exciting road trips ideas from Dubai:
- Fujairah (Distance from Dubai -184kms),
- Khasab (Distance from Dubai -198.1 kms),
- Dibba (Distance from Dubai - 130kms),
- Ras Al Khaimah (Distance from Dubai -112.8kms)
HolidayMe Tip: Keep GPS and all other vehicle-related documents, along with your passport, handy.
4. Idea for "Valentine’s Day Dubai": Dhow Cruise
How about treating your partner in style?
Picture this: You and your partner enjoying a ride on a traditional Dhow boat, cruising down the shimmering waterway, with the cool fresh breeze caressing your hair, the magnificent Dubai skyline on display, followed by a sumptuous meal on-board. Perfect valentine day celebration, right?
The Dhow cruises are conducted on the Dubai Creek and Dubai Marina. A typical Dhow cruise lasts for about 2 hours, and includes pickup and drop services, dinner, and entertainment.Starting time: 18:00 Typical time: 2 hours Location: Dubai Creek and Dubai Marina Approximate Cost: AED 125
HolidayMe Tip: Want to give your partner a luxurious valentine gift in Dubai? Take them out on the Bateaux Dubai Luxury Dinner Cruise.
5. Idea for "Valentine’s Day Dubai": Hot-Air Balloon Ride
For an experience of a lifetime, whisk away your sweetheart for a memorable hot-air balloon ride. Nothing like chasing the first rays of the sun and treating your eyes with enchanting views of the endless desert. As your hot-air balloon glides over the Dubai Desert Conservation Reservation, which happens to be one of the best places for valentine's day celebrations, you will see a variety of native animals such as the gazelle, oryx, and camels lounging around, which is a pretty amazing sight to see.
You may opt for private transfers in luxury 4x4s, cold refreshments after the flight, and a flight certificate presented by the pilot, to make the experience all the more special!Typical time: Half day (morning) Location: 1303 Control Tower, Motor City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Approximate Cost: Adult: 1,250 AED.
HolidayMe Tip: For one of the most romantic things to do in Dubai, plan well and plan ahead. You would not want to ride a hot-air balloon in the sweltering heat. Early mornings are your best bet!
6. Idea for "Valentine’s Day Dubai": Dubai Helicopter Tour
Want to pamper your partner silly? Why not arrange for a Dubai Helicopter tour to sweep them off their feet, quite literally!
The Dubai Helicopter Tour will give you the most incredible sights of Dubai’s glittering skyline, including views of Dubai’s famous landmarks - the Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis The Palm, and Burj Khalifa. The beauty of Dubai’s most flamboyant sights, like the exotic souks, historical Dubai Creek, the striking Burj Al Arab hotel, the Wild Wadi Adventure Water Park, the sail-shaped Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and many more, are sure to blow you away!Typical time: 12 minutes and more Contact: +971 4 208 1455 Approximate Cost: Starting from 656 DHS per person
HolidayMe Tip: High altitude may leave a few giddy – perfect time to hold hands, we say!
7. Idea for "Valentine’s Day Dubai": Romantic dinner
Don’t be disheartened if you haven't planned anything for Valentine’s Day yet, you can still do a lot to make your evening romantic and make your partner feel special. If not for sightseeing, take your loved one on a romantic dinner in Dubai at any of the swanky restaurants. It may sound a tad clichéd, but having a quiet dinner has perks of its own. Choose a restaurant with nice, panoramic views, a romantic setting, and good food – you won’t regret it.
What’s more, many restaurants have special menus, saving you from the headache of ordering food, and instead, you can utilise that time for some quality conversation. Check out exciting Valentine's day offers in Dubai from Sea Fu at Four Seasons Resort, Asado, Thiptara, Al Grissino, and other such similar restaurants.
HolidayMe Tip: Make prior reservations and opt for a table with the best views!
Recommended Restaurants for a romantic Valentine's Day Dinner in Dubai:
- Accents: With a stunning view of Dubai Marina, Accents is touted to be one of the best place for Valentine's day dinner in Dubai. Let your love unfold over a 5-course meal here. Address: Intercontinental Dubai Marina
- Couqley: Enjoy the special day with the classic French-style food in this warm and quaint restaurant. Address: Jumeirah Lake Towers
- II Capo: An unmissable thing to do in Dubai on Valentine's day is having an authentic Italian meal at this famous Italian restaurant on this special day. Address: The Westin Dubai, Al Habtoor City, Sheikh Zayed Road