The Maldives is a haven for those looking for a relaxing vacation, and at the same time, it is an ideal spot for adventure lovers. That’s right, the Maldives can offer you the best of both worlds; from sunny beaches to laze around on, to adrenaline-pumping watersports! When it comes to things to do in Maldives, it is noteworthy that this paradisiacal island suspended on the turquoise sea is home to sun-kissed beaches, a vibrant underwater world, myriad shopping options, a rocking nightlife, thrilling watersports and offers a chance to indulge yourself in the purest forms of luxury, from beach villas to resorts taking up entire islands! With this abundance of activities to indulge in, one need not spend too much time thinking about what to do in Maldives.
- Enjoy a session of scuba diving or snorkeling in Maldives, to take a look at stingrays, octopuses, sea turtles, whale sharks and an incredible array of fishes. The clear waters are great for spotting marine life right to the bottom, and the warm waters are perfect for diving in without a wet suit. If not certified for diving, you could either go for a discovery dive or spend a few days getting a certification.
- Other thrilling adventure sports/watersports include surfing, paddle boarding, kayaking, jet skiing, big game fishing, and kite-surfing among others.
- For those in love with lazing around and doing nothing on a vacation, the famed Balinese massage is the answer. Getting the exhaustion of daily life kneaded out of your tired muscles by an expert masseuse is probably the closest one can come to heaven!
- For shopaholics, the Male local market is a go-to destination. From stuffed toys in vibrant colors to knockoffs of the latest fashion, from delicious street food to fragrant spices to take back home, the local markets of Male can offer anything and everything to please a visitor. There are a plethora of other shopping malls, emporiums, and smaller bazaars all over the Maldives, that can be a treasure trove of souvenirs.
- For the romantic at heart, the prospect of enjoying a candle-light dinner on the beach is sure to be a pleasurable experience! Imagine a rosy sunset, the most delicious food prepared as you like it, and an endless stretch of sea to stare at. Throw some sparkling conversation in the mix, and you have a winner on your hands!
There is plenty to do in Maldives, for people from all walks of life and different preferences. The rich array of activities in Maldives ensure there is not one boring moment spent on your entire trip.