Oman Tour Packages
Oman a Brief Insight
Located on the Arabian Peninsula, Oman is an unusual country. While on Oman holidays one has a choice of either awe at the UNESCO listed heritage sites, or while on any Oman tours one can go scuba diving or whale watching. With 4 UNESCO listed Heritage sites, numerous historic mosques, mosaics and monuments, Oman tours will keep one occupied the whole week.
Oman holiday packages include activities for all the members of the family, may it be camping in the Bedouin desert lands or cruising the Indian Ocean to ger a glimpse of the whales swimming around the boats. For the adventure seekers on every Oman holidays they can scour the heights of the highest mountain peaks or relax at the luxury resorts or villas at the coastal area.
Holidayme.com and Oman
Oman has many sightseeing places as there are places for embarking on an adventure trip. Holidayme.com offers customized tour packages to present a chance to the families and couples alike, to choose a trip according to their own likes. We ensure that the journey is delightful from the beginning, and that is why we start by booking you in the best airlines in Oman. Each and every detail of the trip is taken care of to impart maximum comfort. While on the trip, the best hotels in Oman are booked to make sure one gets the best possible comfort.
Best Sightseeing places in Oman
The best sightseeing in Oman ranges from breath taking Wadi ponds, to desert landscapes to historical wonders. Here are a few Oman sightseeing places list to be included in the itinerary:
- Muscat has to be the first Oman sightseeing stop. Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, the 2nd largest Persian rug in the world, Qasr Al Alam Royal fort and many more historical sites attract many tourists annually here.
- Nizwa is another historically important sightseeing in Oman due to its 17th century fort and souks full of local handicraft.
- Khasab has many archaeological findings, great coastlines and marine life. The boat cruises on the Strait of Hormuz is especially most sought after.
- Ras Al Jinz is popular for the turtle hatchery and conservation site on the beach.
- Masirah is a quaint fishing village island with the highest mountain peak the Jabal Al Humr.
- Wadi Dayqah Dam is the most amazing man-made feat with picturesque surroundings.
- Sharqiya Sands and Wahiba sands are known for the presence of the Bedouin community, camel rides, camping, dune bashing and desert safaris.
- The Hajjar Mountains have many breath-taking wadis and peak points ideal for hiking and trekking.
Best Outdoor Activities in Oman
Despite being a desert country there is a plethora of activities in Oman to keep the holiday interesting. Here are a few Oman activities one can indulge in:
- Wadi pool dipping are the most popular activities in Oman favoured by locals and tourists alike.
- Dune Bashing in a 4WD on the sandy land is amongst the Oman activities enjoyed by every member of the family.
- Western Hajar mountains have many excellent hiking trails developed by the Government.
- Dhofar has many coastlines full of coral reefs and exotic marine life. It is a great spot for diving and snorkelling.
Best dishes in Oman
As rich is the culture so is the best food in Oman. Here is a list of must try Oman food while visiting the country:
- Meshkak is Oman food prepared especially for celebrations and is made of marinated meat with various spices and served with Omani bread.
- Halwa is a sweet dish with spices and nuts served with the famed Kahwa or tea.
- Mashuai is the best food in Oman in the sea food category. It is a dish of the Kingfish served with a special lemon sauce.
- Shuwa is marinated meat wrapped in a banana or palm leaf and cooked in an underground sand oven.
- Majboos is a traditional dish made of rice, vegetable, meat and special Omani spices and is served with a yogurt sauce or fresh salad.
- Kahwa is a sweet coffee preparation with cardamom and is served all day long.
- Ubhar Bistro, Begum’s, Turkish House Restaurant, in Muscat and Oasis Club, Baalbek and Sakalan restaurant at Al Baleed in Salalah are few good halal restaurants in Oman.
Key Facts of Oman
- Currency – Rial
- Capital – Muscat
- Languages Spoken – Arabic
- Time Zone – UTC+4
- Calling Code – +968
- Best Months to visit – October to April, June to August