Switzerland Tour Packages
Switzerland an Introduction
Switzerland is famous for embracing new technologies, developments and trying to achieve major feats in all the sectors. It is blessed with natural wonders as well as noteworthy historically important monuments. In a Switzerland tour package one can either choose to scale the Matterhorn or absorb the beauty on a relaxed cruise on Lake Lucern. Arts, music, cuisine, fashion, technology, environment conservation, the country precedes in all sectors.
Switzerland holidays are not only all about chocolates but also about getting amazed at the highest points on Jungfraujoch. There are cable cars starting from almost every base village to the mountain top, ensuring no one misses the beauty of the heights and the surroundings. On a Switzerland Tour dig into the world- famous cheese fondue. The culture and people are very warm ensuring a very welcoming Switzerland holiday. Don’t miss a train ride through the Gotthard Base Tunnel, the longest tunnel in the world, while on your Switzerland tour.
Switzerland and HolidayMe.com
HolidayMe.com offers a number of customized holiday packages depending on what a customer seeks. Whether one wants a relaxed holiday while taking in the historical and natural wonders of the country, or an adventure packed adrenaline pumping trip, one can customize accordingly. The best hotels in Switzerland are a part of the packages which either offer fantastic views of the surroundings or are closest to all the wonders the city offers. Ensuring that the beginning of the tour is as wonderful as the journey, the services of the best airlines in Switzerland are offered, like Emirates and Swiss Airlines.
Although area wise a small country, yet Switzerland sightseeing places are vast. Let’s take a quick look at the most sought-after places here:
- Matterhorn is the highest peak in the Alps, offering trekking and summer glacier skiing. Zermatt lying in foot of Matterhorn is a village with horse driven carriages, chalets and quaint restaurants making it the best sightseeing in Switzerland.
- Jungfraujoch is the most visited Switzerland sightseeing place. Eiger Trail, Lauterbrunnen valley, Grindelwald glacier village are few other places of attraction here.
- Interlaken is a must for sightseeing in Switzerland as this quaint town has many boulevards, gardens, cable card rides to the surrounding mountain tops.
- Lucern has the picturesque Lake Lucern, Chapel Bridge and an intriguing Swiss Transport Museum amongst other attractions.
- Lake Geneva is famous for its natural beauty, whereas, Chateau de Chillon is a 12th century architectural wonder.
- St. Moritz Dorf has many luxurious hotels offering a view of the Lake, whereas, St. Moritz Bad offers spas and health resorts.
- Bern has many UNESCO Listed heritage monuments, along with the famous Zytglogge, Rose Garden and the shopping arcades “Lauben”.
- Zurich is a city which has the modern town with its architecture blending into the old town part of the city effortlessly.
Activities in Switzerland
The list of activities in Switzerland will surely reinforce one’s view, that this country is not only known for romance but also for adventure.
- Bungee jumping off Contra Dam where Golden Eye was shot is an adrenaline pumping activity in Switzerland.
- Titlis Cliff Walk is the only Switzerland activity good for brave hearts.
- Lucern, Interlaken and Geneva have paragliding, road trips, cycling, and many more.
- Snowpark Zermatt and Jungfrau offer a unique Switzerland activity, ice skiing in summers.
- Toboggan ride near Oeschinen Lake also allows to enjoy the views of the Doldenhon Mountains.
- Boat cruises on Lake Geneva, Lake Lucern and others.
What to eat in Switzerland
A trip is always a great opportunity to savour the traditional cuisine of any country. The best food in Switzerland varies from region to region. Bringing below to you a brief list of Switzerland food one cannot miss:
- Fondue is Switzerland food which is world famous as a bread and cheese dip with various garnishing’s.
- Rosti is made of potato and is counted amongst the best food in Switzerland.
- Raclette is made of layers of melted cheese over boiled potatoes, pickles and mushrooms.
- Nusstorte is a sweet dish with walnuts, cream, sugar and short crust pastry.
Yalla Habibi, Sahar Restaurant, Tassnim Orient, El Baraka Rotis, Baroush, Istanbul- Grill& More and Le Grand Atlas are few of the well known halal places in Switzerland.
Best Months to visit – June to September
- Currency – Swiss Franc
- Capital – Bern
- Languages Spoken – German, Italian, Romanisch and French
- Time Zone – CET+1
- Calling Code – +41