Jordan Tour Packages
Jordan an Insight
“The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan” is the actual name of the country. Although it is the only middle eastern country with no oil reserves, yet it is blessed with a rich historical past and many natural wonders which makes one want to plan Jordan tours again and again. Jordan holidays are unlike the rest where one can travel through arid canyons and gorges, or ride camels on sand dune and then decide to finish their Jordan tours with a relaxing time floating on the salty waters of the Dead Sea.
Jordan tour packages takes one through the holy places like Mount Nebo or through the mesmerizing valleys of Wadi Rum. On extensive Jordan holidays travellers come across many small quaint villages and towns which have a plethora of gold domed mosques, beautiful minarets, mosaics and ruins from the Roman and Byzantine era which are breath taking.
Holidayme.com and Jordan
Jordan is blessed with many ancient historical sites along with natural wonders and quiet places to relax and enjoy. With a plethora of places to visit it, the best to cover places of one’s interest is through the customised holiday packages offered by HolidayMe.com. The best hotels in Jordan are a part of all the packages located such that reduces the travelling time to all the tourist attractions and other important places. To ensure further a smooth journey the best airlines in Jordan like FlyDubai and Air Arabia are booked for the travellers.
Best Sightseeing Places in Jordan
Rife with heritage hot spots and a colourful culture there are many sightseeing places in Jordan that will keep everyone want to come back again and again. Here are a few best Jordan sightseeing places one cannot miss:
- In Jordan sightseeing list Amman is the top most with many heritage sites like Citadel, Roman Amphitheatre along with many modern buildings.
- Mount Nebo is a pilgrimage site which is considered the resting place for Moses.
- Petra the famous sightseeing in Jordan, due to its beautiful caves cut in the mountain side has been featured in Hollywood movies.
- Jerash has many churches and ancient Roman ruins which is the second most visited place after Petra.
- Wadi Rum has many adventure sports as it has the beautiful canyons and gorges in the valley.
- The Dead Sea has many luxury resorts and pristine beaches near its salty water coastline in the town of Aquaba.
- Madaba is a quaint town with many gold domes mosques and ancient mosaics.
- Umm Quais is the only green city in Jordan with splendid views of the Yarmouk River, Like Tiberias and the Golan Height mountains.
- Dana Biosphere Nature reserve is an ideal place for bird watching, hiking, and camping as it is the largest of its kind in Jordan
Best Outdoor Activities in Jordan
Adventure activities in Jordan takes you walking through tranquil places to heart stopping activities. Here is a list of the best Jordan activities to get one’s heart pumping:
- Wadi Rumi has excellent rock structures to practice rock climbing.
- Snorkelling and scuba diving activities in Jordan is only found in Aqaba which is a coastal town on the Red Sea.
- Camel racing and horse riding on the sandy dunes in wadi Rum are part of fun family entertaining Jordan activity.
- The base of the mountain valley in Petra offers a hiking activity along with viewing historical structures.
What to eat in Jordan
Jordan food is a part of the rich culture and heritage of the country. Here is a list of the best food in Jordan one must savour:
- The national Jordan food is mansaf which has layers of meat on a flatbread and topped with aromatic rice.
- The best food in Jordan and famous all over the world is the falafel which is made of chickpeas and served with flat bread.
- Kunafa is a sweet dish made of hin pastry layers filled with cheese.
- Maqluba is an upside-down dish made of rice, vegetables, chicken, potatoes, and other ingredients.
- Shwarma is thin slices of slowly roasted meat stuffed in pockets of pita bread and layered with vegetables and sauces.
- Zaarb is mostly prepeared while on camping trips, which is made of marinated vegetables and meat slowly roasted in baking pits covered by sand.
- Burj Al Hammam, Jafra, Sufra, Tawaheen Al-Hawa, and Fakhreldin restaurant are a few good halal restaurants in Amman.
Key Facts of Jordan
- Currency – Jordanian Dinar
- Capital – Amman
- Languages Spoken – Arabic
- Time Zone – UTC+2
- Calling Code – +962
- Best Months to visit – March to September