New Caledonia Tour Packages
Smelling the freshness of pacific waters, this island country lies amid the Coral Sea, tucked away towards the east of Australia. New Caledonia is a gem, reflecting a strong tint of French sophistication and civilization. Noumea, glazing capital of the nation, is a thundering hotspot for lively and colourful nightlife, lavish multi-cuisine restaurants, elegant boutiques and a vibrant lifestyle. Straying away from the city life, you can explore the beauty of nature absorbed in the green and fresh river valleys, splashing and snowy waterfalls, breezy rainforests, sparkling beaches, wild coastlines and steep rocky hills.
The first inhabitants of New Caledonian islands were Lapita hunters, who had migrated from Vanuatu somewhere around 1500 B.C. Melanesians, original natives of Caledonia are the descendants of Lapita groups. Captain James Cook, the supreme explorer of South Pacific, was the first person to discover and name New Caledonia. Later, Britain and France both tried to take control of this gorgeous island country. Finally it slipped under French empire in the year 1853.
The nation had its own beliefs and culture, until the arrival of missionaries in 19th century, which resulted in eradication of several local traditions. Christianity rules with 90% of the population following it. The remaining 10% have chosen to carry on with their indigenous beliefs.
The country spreads out its arms to welcome the tourists with its stunning sceneries and dazzling islands. The main island, Grande Terre is home to world’s largest coral lagoon, along with snarling waterfalls, craggy mountains, beaches with snowy white sands, slender and soft pines and many other small and big turquoise lagoons. If you ever wished to spot dolphins and whales without spending disappointing hours of staring into the waters, this is the place to be in for your next holidays. It is also a chosen destination for enthralling water sports.