Salalah Tour Packages
A brief Insight to Salalah
Salalah is the 2nd largest city in Oman. A complete Salalah tour packages will take you from camping in the desert under the stars to getting sprayed from the showers of the blowholes. The khareef season which starts from June till September is the most spectacular time to go on Salalah holidays. The entire city and surroundings turn into a green jewel. Numerous spectacular waterfalls start flowing which is the best thing when on Salalah tours.
Salalah tours on the beaches are pleasing for bird watchers as many migrate on the marshy beaches. The beaches are yet untouched by too many tourists thus making Salalah holidays the most relaxing one can think of. Salalah is also bathed in history with ruins which date back to the 1st century before Christ. The fort Taqah is the best preserved and still has its original adornments and embellishments on display at the museum.
Holidayme.com and Salalah
Salalah is the best place for families and others to have a relaxed holiday along with adventure and history. To ensure the best of the entire city HolidayMe.com presents customers customized holiday packages so that they can enjoy the scenic valleys as well as the pristine beaches. HolidayMe.com ensures that the services of the best hotels in Salalah is offered for comfortable stay. The start and end of a journey is as important as the length, thus in order to impart maximum comfort the best airlines in Salalah like Air Arabia is offered.
Best Places for Sightseeing in Salalah
The sightseeing in Salalah has the history of frankincense a major part of it. Here are a few best Salalah sightseeing places one should not miss:
- Khor Rori is the ruins of a fortified fort built in the 1st century BC and the best sightseeing in Salalah to view the seascapes.
- Museum of the Land of Frankincense is a must Salalah sightseeing UNESCO Heritage site.
- Ayn Khor, Ayn Hamran, Ayn Tubrook and Ayn Athoom are just a few amongst the list of beautiful waterfalls which come alive during the Khareef season.
- Wadi Darbat lake is most visited for its scenic surroundings and for paddling on the water.
- Taqa Beach is known for its sunset viewing point on the cliff at the edge of the sea from where one can get a spectacular view of the Taqa city also.
- Mirbat beach is pristine, untouched with white soft sand and calm blue Indian Ocean water.
- Al Mughsayl is known for its blowholes, beach and the Marneef caves.
- Ad Dahariz beach has been beautified by the government and the Walkway is the most visited place.
- Ayn Sahalnoot valley drive till the mountain top is scenic and has lush green tress and shrubs surrounding the entire valley.
Activities in Salalah
The best activities in Salalah are all connect to the vast expanses of the desert and the mountains surrounding it. Here are a few best Salalah activities to indulge in:
- Night camping in the open desert along a traditional Bedouin tribe is counted amongst the best activities in Salalah.
- Camel safari to the lost city of Ubar and meeting the local tribes is another Salalah activities most booked for.
- Water sports are most sought after at Al Mughsail beach. Bird watching is another activity one can indulge here.
What to eat in Salalah
During the khareefa season people from nearing cities and villages travel to eat the best food in Salalah. Here is a consolidated list of few Salalah food specialities:
- Muthbe is unique Salalah food which is salted chicken and meat skewers grilled on hot stones and served with mandi-style rice.
- Another best food in Salalah commonly found on all streets is Ma’ajeen which is beef or camel meat salted, dried and then fried in fat.
- Dhofari Kak is a crispy sweet bread with nigella seeds and cardamom and eaten mostly with karak tea.
- Khubh Lahooh is a crispy fried crepe thin bread which is mostly made during the Salalah festival by the local women.
- Shuwa is an Eid speciality which is meat marinated with spices, wrapped in banana leaves and then roasted for a day in a palm branch bag in an underground pit on embers.
Key Facts of Salalah
- Currency – Omani Riyal
- Languages Spoken – Arabic
- Time Zone – UTC+4
- Calling Code – +968
- Best Months to visit – July till September