Seychelles Tour Packages
A brief insight to Seychelles
Seychelles is the country with the smallest population and the smallest capital, Victoria. It is made of 115 islands made of coral reefs and granite. Being less populated one can be assured of Seychelles holidays to be relaxing and rejuvenating. The vast coastline offers opportunities of many water-based sports and excursions. Thus, if one wants Seychelles tours can be spent diving, snorkelling or touring the waters on a glass bottom boat. Seychelles tour packages are not only limited to the sea but also cover the exotic flora and fauna and beaches found in the country. On Seychelles tours one can view rare species of birds, world’s heaviest land tortoises and also the prehistoric Coco de mar tree which produces the world’s heaviest seed. The country was earlier known to be the hiding place of many pirates. To strengthen this fact, one comes across intriguing caves on Seychelles holidays to explore.
Holidayme.com and Seychelles
Holidayme.com offers customized holiday packages to choose from while in Seychelles. Customers can choose whether they would to visit the various natural wonders, or indulge in water sports or lounge around and relax on the numerous beaches. Patrons have options of staying in luxury hotels or budget, depending upon their choice and it is ensured that HolidayMe.com offers the services of the best hotels in Seychelles for all categories. Whether travelling to Seychelles or moving around in the country the best airlines in Seychelles like Air Seychelles, Emirates, Etihad airways, to name a few are offered.
Top Sightseeing places in Seychelles
Here is a brief insight on the places for sightseeing in Seychelles:
- Aldabra Atoll is a UNESCO heritage site and it has the world’s largest coral atoll. This Seychelles sightseeing is home to manta and tiger rays, thousands of birds and giant land tortoise.
- Bird Island, true to its name is a sightseeing in Seychelles which becomes home to more than a lakh migratory birds from May to October.
- Silhouette Island is made of granite and has the famous mist forest and a national park which protects more than 2000 species of flora and fauna.
- Victoria has many colonial era buildings, souvenir shops museums to visit.
- Valle de Mai National park is a historic Seychelles sightseeing place, where the rare coco de mer fruit palm and the black parrot are found.
- Beau Vallon beach has calm pristine blue waters and is ideal for a family outing.
- St. Anne National Marine Park has glass bottom boat rides to see the coral reefs and marine life. Resorts are available on the islands to view the islands tranquillity from close.
- La Digue Island has beaches, nature reserves, diving, rock climbing and a chance to visit the native villages on ox carts and bicycles.
Outdoor activities in Seychelles
Seychelles activities are not limited to just water sports but offer a plethora of other adventures too. Here is of activities one can book themselves on:
- Diving is amongst the most sought after activities in Seychelles. Diving schools in Mahe and Praslin offer courses for the inexperienced first timers also.
- Fishing is both a competitive and relaxed Seychelles activities especially on the Bird and Denis islands.
- Hiking in Mahe, La Digue and Praslin are activities in Seychelles to get a view of the fantastic forests and its flora and fauna.
- Snorkelling, water skiing and paragliding are offered at all beaches.
Best known cuisine of Seychelles
The Indian Ocean and the fertile land are the reasons for the best food in Seychelles to be fragrant as well as scrumptious. Below is a short list of Seychelles food one most savour while on tour:
- Grilled fish is the best food in Seychelles with a variety of salt water species available to taste.
- Breadfruit chips are the staple snacking Seychelles food available on every street and corner.
- Rougay is a curry with tomatoes, onions and slated dried fish.
- Satini is a very spicy salad made of fish, raw papaya, apples and onions.
- Ladob is a desert made of bananas or sweet potato slices cooked in coconut milk with nutmeg, cinnamon and fresh vanilla.
- Caris masal is a vegetable curry infused with spices like fenugreek, saffron, cumin and coriander.
- Mario’s Rock Café, News Café, The Boathouse, Anchor Café are few halal restaurants in Sechelles.
Best Months to visit – April, May, October and November
- Currency – Seychellois Ruppe
- Capital – Victoria
- Languages Spoken – English, French and Seychellois Creole
- Time Zone – UTC+4
- Calling Code – +248