France Tour Packages
France a Brief Insight
France is the most visited country in the world. Every city has a plethora of heritage buildings, churches and cathedrals, visiting each makes France holidays feel as if one is on a fairy tale trip. Being the centre of art, fashion culture and education Paris is the first pitstop in all France tours.
A well-planned France tour package would take you from the top of the Eiffel tower, to the hall of mirrors in the Versailles Palace to the beautiful slopes of the Alps. For families on France holidays a trip to Disneyland can revive the childhood memories of every age.
France is well known for its elegant culture, warm people and the best cuisine in the world. No France tours are complete without savouring the various types of cheese dishes, and gastronomical delights found at every high-end restaurants to street side cafes.
Holidayme.com and France
Planning for a holiday in France can be quiet a daunting task as this fashion capital has many more sightseeings including natural places and historical places. For the same reason Holidayme.com offers customized holiday packages to ensure that the customers can choose the best possible tour satisfying their main motto for the visit. All the cities have no dearth of historical wonders or a list of outdoor activities to do. Holidayme also offer the best airlines in France and the best hotel in France.
Sightseeing in France
France is a fairy tale land with beautiful palaces, chalets and quaint villages. Here are few best voted places for sightseeing in France:
- Paris is the most visited city as it is the seat of major France sightseeing places like the Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Arc de Triomphe, Basilica of Sacred Heart and many more.
- The Palace of Versailles a major sightseeing in France as it is the largest palace with 700 rooms and expanses of flower laden tree gardens.
- Loire valley has a plethora of beautiful chateaus and castles, each with its own distinct style of architecture.
- Mount Saint Michael is known as the Pyramid of France sightseeing places. Built on an island in the sea in Normandy, the main feature is the Gothic Abbey inside it.
- Cote de Azur is known as “Coast of Blue” and is a luxury beach town.
- Provence is laidback colourful rustic village with quaint roadside cafes and open markets.
- Chamonix is village at the foothills of Mont Blanc. It offers majestic views of the mountains along a number of cafes, resorts and cabins.
- Brittany is a coastal town famous for its Celtic influenced historical architecture.
Outdoor Activities in France
Although considered as the gourmet country, yet there are many outdoor activities in France to help burn the calories gained by the cheese and pizza. Here are a few outdoor activities:
- Canoeing in the Loire is a relaxing family friendly France activity where riding on the waters one comes across castles, chateaus and villages.
- Surfing in Brittany on the Atlantic Ocean waves are activities in France for the experienced.
- The most booked France activity is skiing as the French Alps are known to have the most beautiful ski resorts and trails.
- Skydiving in Cannes offers views of the French Alps and Saint- Cassien Lake.
What to eat in France
France is known for cheese and wine. Surprisingly, the best food in France are simple dishes given a modern and complex twist. Here are a few well known traditional France food dishes commonly found at all places:
- Soupe a l’ognion or the French Onion soup is a France food menu which dates back to the Roman era.
- Cassoulet is a soup of white beans and meat topped off with sausages. It is the best food in France to be had in winters.
- Flamiche is a puff pastry filled with vegetable or meat with cheese, onions and olives.
- Confit de canard is cured meat slowly cooked in its own fat served with confit potatoes.
- Ratatouille is a baked vegetable dish topped off with an omelette or crepes.
Le Crystal, New Jawad Longchamp, Au Polet Braise, Le Butcher, Chez Jaffar and restaurant Argana are few well known halal restaurants in Paris.
- Key Facts
- Currency – Euro
- Capital – Paris
- Languages Spoken – French
- Time Zone – UTC+1
- Calling Code – +33
- Best Months to visit – April to June, September to November