Georgia Tour Packages
Georgia Tourism: Introduction
Georgia tours for international tourism started recently after being behind the Iron Curtain for a long time. It is very unique because of two reasons, first is the presence of varying climates, ranging from mountains to beach side, and the second reason is the welcoming nature of the local residents. A Georgia holiday trip ensures to quench the thirst of history lovers with the abundance of UNESCO listed heritage sites, the adventure seekers with the spellbinding trek paths and beaches for families looking to have a great Georgia tour.
On a Georgia tour, guests will have different climate experience as It has twelve different kinds of micro climates and 49 different kinds of soil along with a rich number of wildlife, which ensures a unique Georgian holiday trip. From the beaches of Adjara to the Mountain tops of the Caucasian, the country has a lot to offer. Georgia Tour Packages are available with holidayme and are customizable to suit the needs of all kinds of travellers.
Georgia and Holidayme.com
Holidayme ensures to offer customers customised holiday packages, as per their choice. We ensure that the journey from the beginning is a delight, that’s why we offer choices of best airlines to Georgia. To ensure a pleasant stay choices of Georgia’s best hotels are offered.
- Tbilisi is the first place on the Georgia sightseeing list. The old town is must to visit the ancient churches, monuments and buildings.
- Kazbegi has the Ananuri Castle Complex built here against the backdrop of the Aragvi River.
- The Gergeti Trinity Church, which is high on the list of sightseeing in Georgia, is located on Mountain Kazbegi.
- Gudauri is a ski resort close to Kazbegi which offers paragliding and ice climbing.
- Svaneti is the world’s ancient inhabitation on the highest peaks. This UNESCO recognised village has several ancient watchtowers.
- The Caves of Gareji is another trekking trip which ends in a wonderful visit to a Monastery with churches, chapels and ancient dwellings.
- Batumi is a Black Sea Resort which is a paradise for Georgia sightseeing in summers. It is a modern city which hosts many high-end beach resorts. Borjomi although a small town, yet famous for its volcanic salty water mineral springs, the Borjomi Kharagauli National Park and many hiking trails.
- Bakuriani is best for sightseeing in Georgia in winters, as it has all the major ski resorts which are quite economical.
- Mtskheta is a UNESCO Heritage town home to the famous Jvari Monastery and other cathedrals and monuments.
Let’s take a brief look at all the major activities one can indulge in the country.
- The sought-after Georgian activity is trekking trips from Mestia to Ushguli. The lush green mountain tops and plains are sure to attract all.
- A tour of the caves of Gareji is an activity in Georgia which takes one across ancient dwellings, churches, chapels and breath-taking countryside.
- Guduari is the perfect place for paragliding and snow skiing and sports activities in Georgia.
- Kutaisi offers white water rafting.
- In Tbilisi families can enjoy ziplining, aerial adventure sports,4WD and Quad bike rides.
- Sky travel in air balloons is a great family fun Georgian activity to enjoy the sights of Tbilisi.
What to Eat in Georgia
When visiting Georgia, the food is an integral experience of the tour. Being in close proximity to Russia, Turkey, Armenia and Azerbaijan, the impact is clear on the Gerogia’s food culture. Let’s take a look at some of the best food in Georgia which is a must have.
- Khinkali is a dumpling made of chicken, other meats and other ingredients. This is the most loved Georgian food.
- Khachapuri is bread stuffed with cheese which has an egg in the middle.
- Mtsvadi is a grilled kebab skewer which is drizzled with pomegranate juice and rubbed with salt.
- Kharacho and Chakapuli are meat stews with vegetables.
- Pkhali is a vegetarian’s delight made of walnut paste and grilled vegetables.
- Churchkhela and Tklapi are sweets made of dried fruit juice.
To savour the best food in Georgia many good halal joints like Tajmahal Restaurant, Sanjha Chulha, Karabak Turk Muftagi, Halalinn are available in Tbilisi alone.
Key Facts of Georgia
Best Months to visit – June to July and September to November
- Currency – Georgian Lari
- Capital – Tbilisi
- Languages Spoken – Georgian and Abkhaz
- Time Zone – GMT+4
- Calling Code – +955