Greece Tour Packages
Greece a brief Insight
Wonderful Islands, mainland and towns make Greece the most visited tourist destination. The country is blessed with the 11th longest coastline on the Mediterranean Sea and enjoys the majestic landscapes of the Pindus Range Mountains. On Greece holidays one comes across the modern development as well as the historical jewels in the same city like Athens. There are many exotic flora and herb species one will come across on Greece tours.
On Greece holiday packages tourists can enjoy the cleanest and the most beautiful beaches in the world. Most of the villages and towns are pebbled, motor free and the architecture style of each is different from the other. There are more than 90 historical sites dating from the Bronze age and one Greece tour is not enough to cover even a part of it.
The friendly nationals, the well balanced modern and ancient culture ensures an abundance of warmth and welcome on any Greece holidays.
Holidayme.com and Greece
Greece is not only all about historical places and romantic cities, but there are a number of adventure sports one can indulge in. HolidayMe.com has customized holiday packages to cater to every need of the patrons. Embarking on the journey is a delight as services of the best airlines in Greece, like Turkish Airlines, Emirates, Royal Jordan Airlines, Etihad airways and others are offered. Depending upon the choice of the customers, stay is offered in the best hotels in Greece. Meals, transport and all fine details are looked after to offer the best possible experience while on tour.
Top Sightseeing places in Greece
Greece is a treasure trove of historical wonders along with natural. Here are a few top sightseeing in Greece:
- Acropolis is the seat of Parthenon, Agora, Roman Forum, Temple of Olympian Zeus and many more. This Greece sightseeing place is known as the Archaeological promenade.
- Acropolis Museum is the most visited sightseeing in Greece, exhibiting many ancient sculptures, Parthenon marbles and many more.
- Santorinin with its blue sea water, white washed walls and blue roofed houses is considered the most romantic Greece sightseeing city.
- Mykonos is famous for its luxurious resorts and celebrity owned homes, along with a breath-taking beach town.
- Delphi is a UNESCO World Heritage site and has 8th century temples, stadiums, and the Delphi Archaeological Museum.
- Meteora Monasteries are built on the tip of high cliffs and have many Byzantine relics and frescos.
- Rhodes town is cobbled street and has an old town charm, where still no cars are permitted.
- Corfu is a UNESCO World heritage town dotted with elegant Italian style historical houses, fortress and other buildings.
- Myrtos Beach has been voted as the best beach in Greece since last 12 years. It is famous for its turquois blue water and soft white sand beach.
Activities in Greece
Greece shares the coastline of the Aegean and the Ionian Seas. There are many adventure activities in Greece out of which a few have been listed below:
- Sailing is the most favoured out of all Greece activities. There are sailing competitions like the Aegean Regatta and the International Cyclades regatta one can take part in.
- Diving in Zakynthos, Skiathos, Santorini and other places, as a part of the underwater activities in Greece will reward one with sights of ship wrecks, reefs and underwater caves.
- Hiking along the longest gorge in Europe, Samaria is amongst the fun Greece activities family and friends can indulge in.
- Kalymnos has world’s best rock-climbing sites.
- Skiing in winters can be done in 18 different ski centres on Mt. Parnassos and Pindos Mountain Range.
- Sky diving, quad bike racing and 4WD rides in Verdant Parnos and Agrafa Mountains is very popular.
Food in Greece
Greek food is revered all over the world for its amalgamation of western and European influence. Here are few traditional best food in Greece which one should savour:
- Taramasalata is a dip which is an important part of Greece food. It is made of fish roe with a base of potatoes or bread.
- Dolmades is the best food in Greece made of vine leaf parcels stuffed with rice and choice of meat or vegetables.
- Moussaka is a Greece food made of vegetable, meat, spices and bechamel sauce.
- Souvlaki is grilled meat and vegetables rolled in pita bread.
- Kolokythokeftedes are courgette fritters with spices, dill and mint.
- Feta Me Meli is a sweet dish made of salty feta wrapped in a filo pastry and drizzled with honey.
- Namaste India, O Thanasis Kebab Monastiraki, Sara Iraqi, Pak Taka Tak, and Royal Indian Chef are few halal restaurants in Athens.
Key Facts of Greece
- Currency – Euro
- Capital – Athens
- Languages Spoken – Greek
- Time Zone – UTC+2
- Calling Code – +30
- Best Months to visit – April to September and October to November