Singapore Tour Packages
A Brief Insight to Singapore
Do not be amazed if on Singapore tours one comes across as the country being called as the “Lion City”, as the term is the literal translation of Singapura which means lion city in Sanskrit. The country is not only blessed with a rich natural reserve, but it has created many feats in the man-made area also. All Singapore holiday packages will include visits to the world’s first night safari, the world’s tallest man-made waterfall in Cloud Forest, and the world’s first Formula1 racing in the night.
Singapore holidays are incomplete without a visit to the National Orchid Garden which has over 200 varieties of orchids growing and named after various celebrities, who visited the place. The first thing on Singapore tours to be mentioned will be that it is amongst the world’s greenest cities. The culture and the people here are welcoming and very warm and surprisingly one will get to hear Singlish being spoken on all Singapore tours, which is a mix of English with words taken from all the ethnic groups settled here.
Holidayme.com and Singapore
Singapore is a man-made wonder along with many natural sightseeing places. HolidayMe.com proposes customised holiday packages to ensure that all the patrons have the opportunity to visit the best places. Whether the budget chosen by patrons includes 3-star or 5-star category hotels, Holidayme.com ensures that the services of the best hotels in Singapore is offered to them. Keeping the comfort as top most priority for the patrons, the best airlines in Singapore like Sri Lanka Airlines, Emirates, and Singapore Airlines is offered.
Best Sightseeing places in Singapore
The sightseeing in Singapore will leave any tourist spell bound. Here are a few must visit places:
- Gardens by the Bay is a Singapore sightseeing place which is a manmade wonder.
- Sentosa Island is a fun filled sightseeing in Singapore which has a beach, theme parks and many more attractions.
- The Singapore Botanic Garden is 158years old and is in the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Merlion Park has the iconic Merlion statue and is situated in the business district.
- The Night Safari is an iconic one of its kind in the world Singapore sightseeing place.
- The Bukit Timah Nature Reserve is located on the Bukit Timah Hill and has a tranquil forest with many hiking trails.
- The Orchard Road is famous for its high-end boutiques, eateries and colourful traditional houses apart from a plethora of food outlets.
- The Marina Bay and Clarke Quay have many shopping outlets, eateries, museum and a spectacular light show in the evenings.
- The Universal Studio is the first of its kind theme park in Asia which the children and grownups enjoy equally.
- Chinatown has many beautiful Buddhist temples apart from numerous Chinese eateries and souvenir shops.
Things to do in Singapore
There are plethora of activities in Singapore which can keep all the members in a family indulged the whole time. Here are a few must do Singapore activities:
- Indore surfing in Wavehouse Sentosa is amongst the activities in Singapore which even children can try their hand on.
- Another adventurous Singapore activities are at Mandai Mangrove where while kayaking one can see the different bird species.
- Scuba diving can be done either to see the Singapore wrecks or to experience the marine life at Kusu Island or Pulau Hantu.
- Cable skiing at Singapore Wake Park.
Best dishes to eat in Singapore
Singapore food is a melting pot of different cuisines like Indonesian, Chinese, Malaysian and Indian. Here is a list of best food in Singapore one must try:
- Laksa is a Singapore food icon which is available at every nook and corner which is a soupy broth of curry and coconut milk with choice of chicken, fish or shrimps.
- Hainanese Chicken rice is comfort best food in Singapore.
- Char Kway Teow is a fried noodle dish eaten with prawns.
- Chilli Crab is made of whole crabs and served with a sauce.
- Sambal Stingray is Singapore fast food, where sting ray fish is marinated in sambal spices and then steamed in a banana leaf.
Key Facts of Singapore
- Currency – Singapore Dollar
- Capital – Singapore
- Languages Spoken – English, Malay, Mandarin, Tamil
- Time Zone – UTC+8
- Calling Code – +65
- Best Months to visit – February to April, July to September