Amsterdam Tour Packages
Famous for its collection of art Amsterdam tours mostly revolve around many famous museums world -wide. The birthplace of Van Gogh has the worlds largest collection of artworks in the world. Travellers agree to the fact that Amsterdam holidays are the most colourful and extraordinary due to many reasons revealed while on all Amsterdam tours. The city is criss crossed with canals and boating is a delightful part of all the Amsterdam holiday packages.
Cycling is a delightful part of all Amsterdam holidays as everyone in the city prefers to cycle rather than driving down. One can cycle down along all the canals criss crossing the city or go boating in the gondolas for a romantic getaway. An unusual sight which one comes across the entire city is the crooked buildings, the reason behind them is the century old base which gave them the astounding shapes. The people and culture of Amsterdam is rich and warm as is their culinary heritage which is unusual.
Holidayme.com and Amsterdam
Amsterdam has many sightseeing places as there are places for embarking on an adventure trip. Holidayme.com offers customized tour packages to present a chance to the families and couples alike, to choose a trip according to their own likes. We ensure that the journey is delightful from the beginning, and that is why we start by booking you in the best airlines in Amsterdam Each and every detail of the trip is taken care of to impart maximum comfort. While on the trip, the best hotels in Amsterdam are booked to make sure one gets the best possible comfort.
Best Sightseeing Places in Amsterdam
With the number of canals and historic places Amsterdam sightseeing will always keep one interested throughout the tour. Here are few best sightseeing in Amsterdam one cannot miss:
- The Rijksmuseum is the most visited Amsterdam sightseeing place. It has more than 7 million collection of art, handicraft, books and sculptures.
- The most emotion evoking sightseeing in Amsterdam is the Anne Frank Museum which has the life story of Anne Frank and her family who went into hiding during WWII.
- The Von Gogh Museum has the largest collection of his paintings, hand written letters, etchings and drawings.
- The Jordan is a dream for shoppers looking for flea markets and local products. There are a number of cafes and restaurants serving Dutch delicacies.
- The Royal Palace is the grandest building in the city, which is still home to the reigning King.
- The Botanical Garden was built in 1638 and is the world’s oldest which houses many endangered species of flora and fauna.
- Klaverstraat is the high-end shopping destination which also has many restaurants and cafes. Vlooienmarkt is the famous flea market famous amongst people looking for great bargains.
- Vondelpark is the biggest and the oldest garden cum recreation area spread out in 116 acres. It has an impressive rose garden, open air theatre, pay areas, sculptures, ponds, and lakes.
Best Outdoor Activities in Amsterdam
As the country is rich in heritage so are there a plethora of activities in Amsterdam to do. Here are a few note- worthy ones:
- The most popular Amsterdam activities done by locals and tourists alike is cycling through the city. With a wonderful traffic and road system, there are many places one can cycle too.
- Amongst the second most popular activities in Amsterdam is boating by yourself or letting be sailed on the numerous canals criss crossing the city.
- Rollerblading another popular Amsterdam activities in Vandalpark is good for both grown ups as it is for children too.
Best Food to Eat in Amsterdam
There are many food tours conducted now a days to try the best food in Amsterdam, but we have brought to you a list of must have traditional Amsterdam food icons.:
- Stroopwaffels are the most popular Amsterdam food finding its presence worldwide. They are thin layers of pastry shells filled with caramel sauce.
- Poffertjes are wintery best food in Amsterdam which are mini pancakes filled with sugary syrup.
- Bitterballen are Amsterdam fast food which are crispy fried meat balls served with mustard.
- Patat are thick potato fries served hot in a paper cone and slathered with sauces or sour cream and cheese.
- Raw herrings are thin curated slices of raw Herring fish served with pickles and onion.
- Kibbeling are fried cod fish served with a herb mayo and lime slices.
- Ali Ocakbasi, Bazar, Restaurant Olijfje, Dabka, and Libanese Restaurant Cedars are a few known halal restaurants in Amsterdam.
Key Facts of Amsterdam
- Currency – Euro, US Dollar
- Country – Netherlands
- Languages Spoken – Dutch
- Time Zone – UTC +1, UTC-4
- Calling Code – +31, +599
- Best Months to visit – April, May, September and November