Egypt Tour Packages
An Insight to Egypt
Egypt tours hold a treasure trove of not only historical monuments but in other fields too. It was the first in building clocks, the calendar with 365 days and 12 months. Paper, pens, lock and make up was also invented in this land of wonders. Customers on Egyptian holidays have a plethora of museums to see all the marvellous artefacts.
The Nile River and the Red Sea give opportunities to enjoy history as well as adventure on all Egyptian holiday packages. The expanses of the Libya and Sahara desert offer opportunities of camel safaris and night viewing. On any Egypt tour one can either walk around the great pyramids or lay back on the beaches of the relaxed towns.
Be prepared to travel from mangroves, to mountainous sand dunes, dive to see coral reefs or wonder at the oasis and wadis on Egypt holidays.
Holidayme.com and Egypt
Egypt is as attractive to history lovers due to the vast treasures of monuments, as it is for adventure seekers because of the opportunities on the River Nile, Red Sea and the vast expanses of the deserts. HolidayMe.com offers customized holiday packages to ensure each customer fulfils their hearts desire. We start the journey ensuring maximum comfort by offering the services of the best airlines in Egypt, namely Air Arabia, Egypt Air and Emirates. The crucial part of the travel being the stay, it is ensured that the best hotels in Egypt are booked.
The Land of the Pharaos and eight wonders of the world has so many sightseeing places that one lifetime is not enough to cover them all. Let’s take a look at few major sightseeing in Egypt:
- Giza houses the Pyramid of Khufu and the other 3 great pyramids which are amongst the most visited Egypt sightseeing places.
- Luxor, also known as the Valley of kings is the resting place of Tutenkhamun and Amenhotep. This sightseeing in Egypt is an open-air museum with the tombs and the Ancient city of Thebes.
- Cairo is full of ancient mosques, madrasaas and historical buildings showcasing the glory of the Islamic heritage.
- Karnak is another popular Egypt sightseeing wonder which houses the massive Hypostyle hall along with the Karnak Temple.
- The Temple of Philae is the last known to be built on the Agilkia island and is a part of all the cruises conducted on the River Nile.
- Aswan offers views of the desert as well as of the River Nile and has The Elephentaine Island and Nubian villages in close proximity.
- The Rock Temple of Abu Simbel built on the banks of Lake Nasser is carved into a mountain.
Activities in Egypt
Not only known for the pyramids but the outdoor activities in Egypt are a big crowd puller too. Let’s take a brief look at few outdoor activites:
- The Mediterranean coastline from Sinai to Marsalam are best for diving activities in Egypt. The sunken wrecks, coral reefs and tropical fishes are the reward at the end.
- Other water based Egyptian activities include water skiing and parasailing at Almaza Bay.
- Horse riding is the best Egyptian activity to explore the Giza and its pyramids.
- In the high mountains of Sinai trekking is challenging due to the steep terrain.
- Jeep safaris are conducted regularly to see the Great Sand Sea and White Desert.
What to eat in Egypt
The best food in Egypt consists of basically vegetables and is not very heavy on spices. Below is a list of must have dishes:
- Ful wa Ta’meya is a staple Egyptian food made of fried fava beans paste along with garnishing’s of fresh tomatoes and onions.
- Khushahri is the best food in Egypt for snacking and is made of rice, lentils, pasta, hummus, and other vegetables.
- Another scrumptious Egyptian food is kabab wa kofta which has grilled marinated meat served with baladi bread, fresh salad and dips.
- Sugoq wa Kibdah Iskandarani is a spicy sausage cooked in tomato sauce and served with Torshi, a hamburger kind bread.
- Hawawshi is a meat pie made of red meat cooked in baladi bread.
- Shawerma is a roll made of slowly roasted meat in a pita bread with vegetables and a dip.
- Sabaya, Fayuz Labanese restaurant, Koshary Abu Tarek and Indira India restaurants are a few good halal joints in Cairo.
- Currency – Egyptian Pound
- Capital – Cairo
- Languages Spoken – Arabic
- Time Zone – UTC+2
- Calling Code – +20
- Best Months to visit – December, January, and October to April