Istanbul Tour Packages
A Brief Look at Istanbul
It is proudly told on all Istanbul tours that the city introduced tulips to the world. Built is 1000BC the city is dotted with historic monuments which are landmarks in ancient Islamic architecture. The amazing fact is that Istanbul holidays can be spent partly in Asia and partly in Europe, as the city shares borders with both continents.
One will be surprised to come across mosques, churches and synagogues in one city during all Istanbul holidays. Since the city shares borders with two different cultures and has been ruled by different kingdoms, the influence in the culture and religion is very noticeable while on any Istanbul tours. In conclusion, Istanbul holiday packages are the only kinds where one can find snow on a coastal city.
Holidayme.com and Istanbul
Istanbul is not only all about historical places one can get a glimpse of. Holidayme.com has customized holiday packages to cater to every need of the patrons. Embarking on the journey is a delight as services of the best airlines in Istanbul, like Pegasus Airlines, Emirates, Turkish Airlines, FlyDubai airways and others are offered. Depending upon the choice of the customers, stay is offered in the best hotels in Istanbul. Meals, transport and all fine details are looked after to offer the best possible experience while on tour.
Sightseeing Places in Istanbul
Founded in 1000BC, Istanbul sightseeing places showcase the grandeur of the Byzantine and the Ottoman rule. Here is a brief list of important sightseeing in Istanbul.
- Aya Sofya is the landmark of sightseeing in Istanbul, revered for its architecture and grandeur.
- Topkapi Palace is known to dazzle visitors with its handwork, architecture, embellishments, carving and gold ornaments and artefacts.
- Sultan Ahmet Camii or the Blue Mosque is another iconic Istanbul sightseeing, well known for it’s blue architecture due to the Iznik tiles used.
- Basilica Cistern which was initially made to store water for the Royals is now known for its exquisitely carved columns.
- The Grand Bazaar was World’s first shopping Mall. It has local handicraft, souvenirs and artwork all under one roof. This huge complex has 11 gates for entry and exit.
- The gold and bronze coloured Suleymaniye Mosque is another most visited historical monument.
- To get a taste of real Istanbul a visit to the Spice Market is a must, where local spices, dry fruits and nuts, and herbs are on display for sale.
- The Dolmabahce Palace has very rich and ornate architecture and furnishing which shows the influence of European style in Turkish architecture.
- The Museum of Islamic and Turkish art has the world’s finest collection of carpets and textiles.
Best Outdoor Activities in Istanbul
There is plethora of activities in Istanbul for one to indulge in for their entire vacation. Here is a list of Istanbul activities to keep one engaged:
- Hot air balloon rides are the best Istanbul activities to view the sunrise and the majestic landscape.
- The most sought-after activities in Istanbul is cruises on the Bosporus Strait.
- Marmara Sea and Black sea coastlines are ideal to go for swimming.
- Visit the Alive Museum which is a 3D museum.
- Turkuazoo is the biggest aquarium which offers an opportunity to dive with the sharks.
Best Dishes of Istanbul
The best food in Istanbul gives an insight in the rich culinary treasure of Turkey. Here are a few best Istanbul food delicacies to try at least once:
- Doner is a worldwide well-known Istanbul food delicacy which is slow roasted meat wrapped in pita bread with sauces.
- The best food in Istanbul to eat is Lahmacin which is a thin crispy dough full of minced meat eaten rolled with chopped parsley and lime juice.
- Adana, Urfa, Beyti are few different types of kebaps, which are marinated, hand kneaded and shaped barbequed meat skewers.
- Manti a bite sized boiled meat dumplings which are yogurt and dipping sauce.
- Balik Ekmek is Istanbul fast food which has grilled fish, salad and onions stuffed in a bun.
- Karniyark is a stuffed eggplant with minced meat and topped with tomato sauce.
- Buhara Ocakbasi, Istanbul Ottoman Kitchen, Bitlisli, Saltanat Barbecue House and Café Rumist are few good halal restaurants in Istanbul.
Key Facts of Istanbul
- Currency – Turkish Lira
- Country – Turkey
- Languages Spoken – Turkish Arabic
- Time Zone – UTC+3
- Calling Code – +90
- Best Months to visit – April to May, September to November